Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: guerita and UKKate November LDL Pals

1. Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?
    Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?

guerita and UKKate November LDL Pals

Advertisements
    Happy November!!
    blondiebabe is my twin! Distance Divas SailorsGoddess is my wifey!
  2. Travel Junkie
    Travel Junkie
    Happy November, indeed! How are you? I haven't gotten my PM yet with your info but I thought I'd say hello!!!!!!!
  3. Senior Member
    I only just saw this!! Happy November! How are you doing today? I'm at work and not feeling very motivated
    I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so you can learn to let go.
    Things go wrong so you can appreciate them when they're right.
    You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself.
    And sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

- Marilyn Monroe
  4. Travel Junkie
    Travel Junkie
    Other than feeling super tired, I'd say great. I have GOT to get more sleep!!!! This has been going on for almost 2 months. How are you?

At least you can browse MSOS while you are at work Is it just a slow day or does the work in general not motivate you haha.

I don't have to work today but my goodness, is my "to do" list LONG! Things are just super busy now....SUPER busy. I just see it as leading to maximum productivity-lol. But, it'll be a good day; I get to pick up my niece from school at noon, take her to lunch and tote her around to complete some errands (but the stuff she'll enjoy).
  5. Senior Member
    Aww, I hate not getting enough sleep! Any idea whatís causing it? I know when I am stressed I get insomnia and then i turn all

Yeah, I probably shouldnít browse this while at work, but still try to sneak it in Itís a bit slow at the moment, and I also have the kind of job where I have to wait for people to come back to me before I can carry on with certain tasks, and today is one of those days where Iím doing alot of waiting!

How old is your niece? I used to love running errands when I was little...anything to go for a ride in the car Did I see on your ticker youíre running a marathon?! That is so awesome! Are you feeling ready for it?
    I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so you can learn to let go.

- Marilyn Monroe
  6. Senior Member
    Hi there! How was your Wednesday? I finally got my PM..I am so jealous of your trip to Argentina! I really want to go to South America, and Argentina is top of my list!

I had a good night...met a friend after work and we went and got dinner in China Town, then had free tickets to a musical!

- Marilyn Monroe
  7. Travel Junkie
    Travel Junkie
    Hey Kate!! My Wednesday....to answer your post from two posts ago....lol was HORRIBLE! I was so busy that I ended up crying at the end of the day when I got home and realized I'd left my house keys "somewhere". Wednesday is my "free" day and I had so many errands to run....I had been about 12 places, so I just pulled out receipts and started calling.

I'd left them on the ATM counter! My first stop of the day! I was so so so so happy someone had turned them in! I was really doubting it cos I had three sterling silver key chains hooked together. Two special gifts from Tiffany and more importantly, my half of the Mizpah set DB and I have since his deployment. So, I went to pick them up, just relieved....and went home and tried to decompress.

You will learn much more about me this month and this bout of insomnia will not surprise you Yesterday, though, I went to the doctor and he prescribed me Lunesta. I slept like a BABY last night! Ahhhhhhhhh....... back to how I "normally" sleep: a full 9 hours!
  8. Travel Junkie
    Travel Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by UKKate View Post
    Hi there! How was your Wednesday? I finally got my PM..I am so jealous of your trip to Argentina! I really want to go to South America, and Argentina is top of my list!

I had a good night...met a friend after work and we went and got dinner in China Town, then had free tickets to a musical!
    Cool! What musical did you get to go see! How fun!
    What are you up to this weekend? I will have any number of my niece and three nephews staying with me this weekend. They keep me very busy. The last three weekends I have had two or three for the weekend. I have yet to wash the sleeping bags from my niece's slumber party here last Saturday night. (This is probably the main reason for my insomnia; the whirlwind of constant surprises who will get dropped off when....and my schedule gets all jumbled)

I was so happy to get my PM....I noticed your interest in going to South America. I am originally from Argentina, but we moved here to the US when I was a baby. My uncle was Air Force retired there and his daughter, my cousin, continues her career in the Air Force there. I go back as often as I can....a cousin of mine is getting married at the beginning of the year, and we have a family reunion celebrating 100 years since the emigration of that side of the family from Germany.

I've also been to Peru, Uruguay, Paraguay, and Southern Brazil. I highly recommend travel to MANY places in South America. Yes, the rain forest is beautiful...whether in the US, Central or South America. I just can't believe how many places there are to see and explore in the world.

Well, enough of that part. Regarding your interests, I found it funny that you pick up a magnet where ever you go....SO DO I! Even if I'd been there before! I have like 8 from Hawaii and 6 from Argentina, 2 from Puerto Rico...you get the picture. It was getting a little silly on my fridge, so I haven't put them back up since getting my new fridge.

And ballet....I LOOOOOOOOOOVE the ballet! I took ballet for many years...loved it....wish I had the build for it and could have taken it further
    But I still enjoy going to see those elegant ballerinas- especially the Kirov or Bolshoi. Wow! Great companies....
  9. Senior Member
    Wow, sounds like you had an insane Wednesday! I am SOO glad someone found your keys for you!! I've lost mine before, and it's such a headache getting locks replaced, etc. Did you at least get all the errands done?

We went to see a musical called Million Dollar Quartet - it's pretty much just a ton of 50s music, so if you like that genre it's great, if not, probably your worst nightmare We enjoyed it though!

Ahhh I'm so jealous of all the places you've been in South America! I have a ridiculously long list of places I want to go! I'm working on Europe (being in London, it's a bit easier at the moment ) and have actually been out to India twice which was so cool!

I can't believe you collect magnets too! My friends laugh at me for it...probably because at the moment I dont have the kind of fridge you can put them on but someday I will and then all my guests will see a story of places I've been on my fridge door...well, that's the plan at least!

My weekend should be pretty good. I have some errands to run tomorrow day. Then it's Bonfire Night here tomorrow, and they shoot off fireworks for that, so some friends and I are going to dinner and to watch the fireworks ( it doesn't rain!), then Sunday I am meeting another friend for brunch and possibly a movie

That should be fun having your nieces and nephews to stay! How old are they? Does most of your family live near you? Are you their favorite Aunt?

Great news the doctor prescibed something to help you sleep better! How are you feeling after getting some decent sleep?

Oh how long did you do ballet for? Which is your favourite one to watch? (I've only seen two Im embarrassed to say)

So part of your family is from Germany? What part? Is there anyone still there?

Can I ask how you met your SO? (I love hearing other peoples' stories)

How did the rest of your week turn out?

ETA: Just realised the last bit of my post sounds a bit like an inquisition! Sorry for that!

- Marilyn Monroe
  10. Travel Junkie
    Travel Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by UKKate View Post
    Wow, sounds like you had an insane Wednesday! I am SOO glad someone found your keys for you!! I've lost mine before, and it's such a headache getting locks replaced, etc. Did you at least get all the errands done?

We went to see a musical called Million Dollar Quartet - it's pretty much just a ton of 50s music, so if you like that genre it's great, if not, probably your worst nightmare We enjoyed it though!

Ahhh I'm so jealous of all the places you've been in South America! I have a ridiculously long list of places I want to go! I'm working on Europe (being in London, it's a bit easier at the moment ) and have actually been out to India twice which was so cool!

I can't believe you collect magnets too! My friends laugh at me for it...probably because at the moment I dont have the kind of fridge you can put them on but someday I will and then all my guests will see a story of places I've been on my fridge door...well, that's the plan at least!

My weekend should be pretty good. I have some errands to run tomorrow day. Then it's Bonfire Night here tomorrow, and they shoot off fireworks for that, so some friends and I are going to dinner and to watch the fireworks ( it doesn't rain!), then Sunday I am meeting another friend for brunch and possibly a movie

That should be fun having your nieces and nephews to stay! How old are they? Does most of your family live near you? Are you their favorite Aunt?

Great news the doctor prescibed something to help you sleep better! How are you feeling after getting some decent sleep?

Oh how long did you do ballet for? Which is your favourite one to watch? (I've only seen two Im embarrassed to say)

So part of your family is from Germany? What part? Is there anyone still there?

Can I ask how you met your SO? (I love hearing other peoples' stories)

How did the rest of your week turn out?

ETA: Just realised the last bit of my post sounds a bit like an inquisition! Sorry for that!
    You're funny! And I have a TERRIBLE memory....so I have to quote you on this one so I can go back and make sure I address everything! I'm glad you enjoyed the musical....You're right; could be someone's worst nightmare- haha- probably mine I am much more of a ballet or symphony kind of gal.

Which companies have I seen or which ballets? So many I'm not sure I could recall...I saw one at the Colon theater in Buenos Aires (I was studying ballet there and going to school at a French-Argentine School over the summer) and that was awesome, and I think it was their proper company. I've seen several American companies and as I've said, the Bolshoi and the Kirov. I was lucky enough to see the Russian ballet in Russia I'm a ballet nut. Really, I am. I pity the fool who dates me. JK. I'm not sure DB even knows I enjoy going to the ballet. Doesn't matter...I'll go anyway.

As for which ballets I've seen....I think the name of the one that I saw in Argentina was Copelia, I've seen the Nutcracker ump-teen times, I've seen the Magic Flute. I never tire of the Nutcracker. Sigh.

I studied ballet for maybe six or seven years. I think I started when I was six or seven and stopped when I was about 12? I loved it, but had no knack for it. I have flat feet and my doctor suggested I take it, so I did, but my lack of grace- hee hee- really stood out in class. I was a clutz. My poor parents. What a loss. I still love it, though. Loved taking my niece to ballet....but she didn't/doesn't have the same passion I do for it. Oh well.

Well, I am jealous that you have been to India. That is on MY list.... Someday, I will get there. How long have you been in England? You are picking up the lingo I thought you were originally from the East Coast in the US (?)

The magnet thing is a bit cliche, isn't it? But, who cares? They're small, easy to transport, and such great souvenirs! Fridge or no fridge; you just need something magnetic! ....you must eat out a lot! I would weigh 300 lbs if I didn't have a fridge and ate out! Plus, I love to cook. I just wouldn't survive!

I am currently in my "hometown", where my parents moved when I was about a year old and settled. We have no relatives here, though. My sister just relocated here from about an hour away when she remarried last year, and her ex-husband just moved here about a month ago to be near the kids. My plan is not to stay full time. I haven't been here full-time for the last 5 years or so.

....and into how I met DB....I was spending a lot of time in Hawaii...MOST of my time, mostly to be away from CA, so I was dating in Hawaii. Short story short, we met online. I am the first to admit I was hesitant to meet. We'd written, texted, and talked for two months by the time we met. He was persistent, and although he would send me his phone number to call him, I didn't send a text until my "last chance" (he joked), the third time- it had been a few weeks of writing. I'm sure glad I did. He is a great person! I am often flabbergasted that he was okay with all of that. And here we are, over 2 1/2 years later and one deployment down. Not bad.

How about you guys?

Oh, and my family in Germany. They're really all over. I have both my dad's brothers there, four cousins, and my dad's cousin. I know they are spread out. Last time I went, one of my uncles was near Stuttgart and the other was near Munchen. My aunt was in Bad Oeyenhausen, and my cousins- I haven't even kept track of where they've spread out to.

I'd better stop soon....this is turning out to be at minimum a short story.
    Tell me about your weekend. I survived mine, but barely....I got the flu, I think. I crawled into bed as soon as the kids drove off and I just drank some TheraFlu. I feel like I've been hit by a truck. ICK!

I JUST HAVE TO BE BETTER BY THE WEEKEND!!!!! (I think I may have skipped a few things you asked me....but I talk too much)

Hey, tell me the other places you would like to visit. And, where else have you been?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast