Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: EmmCee and Er-my-knee October LDL Pals

1. Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?
    Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?

EmmCee and Er-my-knee October LDL Pals

Advertisements
    Happy October!
    blondiebabe is my twin! Distance Divas SailorsGoddess is my wifey!
  2. After all this time? Always.
    After all this time? Always.
    October!!!

pal!
  3. Wife to Debra; Twinzie to Manderz; Text Buddy to Cara*Bear!
    Wife to Debra; Twinzie to Manderz; Text Buddy to Cara*Bear!

for LDL Pals!

This is my first one!

A picture paints a thousand words, it's true.
    But it's still not enough for how I feel about you.
  4. After all this time? Always.
    Me too!

I'm so excited though! It'll be nice to have someone to talk to! I know we've talked a bit already but remind me...you said your DF was visiting you this winter right???
  5. Wife to Debra; Twinzie to Manderz; Text Buddy to Cara*Bear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Er-my-knee View Post
    Me too!

I'm so excited though! It'll be nice to have someone to talk to! I know we've talked a bit already but remind me...you said your DF was visiting you this winter right???
    Yes! Well.. kinda!

We're meeting in Oklahoma, where his brother is stationed. We're both from NH, but we need to have a quickie JOP wedding, and if we did that all of his family in NH would want to go (as would my mom, who I do NOT have a good relationship with,) so we decided to visit his brother since it's been a while anyways.

That sounds kinda mean about the family thing, but he has a big family and my situation is complicated with my family - so, we're not doing a big wedding for a couple years so we have time to deal with it and do it right.

You're going to Japan in December, though? Right?

6. After all this time? Always.
    That totally sounds like an appropriate way to handle your situation. Congrats on it being so close!! It will be nice to be able to plan a wedding later too and have everyone involved in a stress-free way. Since it has to be so quick it makes sense just to visit his bro. I wish you luck! That's SO exciting.

DB and I have had the discussion many a time and have decided that a ring is out of the question until I graduate.

And yes I'm going to Japan this December!! I am SOSOSOSOSO excited! DB keeps sending me info on all the things we're going to do. I can't wait! New Years in Tokoyo..... I don't even know what to do with myself!
  7. Wife to Debra; Twinzie to Manderz; Text Buddy to Cara*Bear!
    That totally sounds like an appropriate way to handle your situation. Congrats on it being so close!! It will be nice to be able to plan a wedding later too and have everyone involved in a stress-free way. Since it has to be so quick it makes sense just to visit his bro. I wish you luck! That's SO exciting.

DB and I have had the discussion many a time and have decided that a ring is out of the question until I graduate.

And yes I'm going to Japan this December!! I am SOSOSOSOSO excited! DB keeps sending me info on all the things we're going to do. I can't wait! New Years in Tokoyo..... I don't even know what to do with myself!
    Honestly, if it weren't for the situation - it would be out of the question until after college, too. It actually was, until he actually got to Japan and I realized what it meant (constant six month separations at best.)

The idea of just moving there just kept coming into my mind and I stopped having reasons against it. Now the idea of going through four years of college seems so crazy for me. I mean, I like it here - it's better than my life was at home.. but I don't feel like it's where I belong.

My biggest fear in the world right now is that something won't workout and I don't be able to go there. It literally keeps me up at night!

New Years in Tokyo sounds totally awesome!!!!! I would be so pumped! Have you learned any Japanese before?

8. After all this time? Always.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmCee View Post
    Honestly, if it weren't for the situation - it would be out of the question until after college, too. It actually was, until he actually got to Japan and I realized what it meant (constant six month separations at best.)

The idea of just moving there just kept coming into my mind and I stopped having reasons against it. Now the idea of going through four years of college seems so crazy for me. I mean, I like it here - it's better than my life was at home.. but I don't feel like it's where I belong.

My biggest fear in the world right now is that something won't workout and I don't be able to go there. It literally keeps me up at night!

New Years in Tokyo sounds totally awesome!!!!! I would be so pumped! Have you learned any Japanese before?

Oh my gosh that IS scary to think about!

So wait let me get everything straight...you're in college right now, you're going to get married in December and then you're moving over there? WOW. Talk about big life decisions! You go girl!

DB has under a year left in the Navy and then he's coming back to the states to join me at my lovely college (he wanted to go here before I applied...kinda great coincidence) so marriage doesn't make sense for us yet. However the vacation over winter break definitely does! I'm so excited! And no, I have never been interested in studying Japanese before. Honestly that was always my younger sister's thing . I've decided to embrace the fact that I am going to be a total tourist.

So do you know when you'll be moving? What year are you in school?
  9. Wife to Debra; Twinzie to Manderz; Text Buddy to Cara*Bear!
    Oh my gosh that IS scary to think about!

So wait let me get everything straight...you're in college right now, you're going to get married in December and then you're moving over there? WOW. Talk about big life decisions! You go girl!

DB has under a year left in the Navy and then he's coming back to the states to join me at my lovely college (he wanted to go here before I applied...kinda great coincidence) so marriage doesn't make sense for us yet. However the vacation over winter break definitely does! I'm so excited! And no, I have never been interested in studying Japanese before. Honestly that was always my younger sister's thing . I've decided to embrace the fact that I am going to be a total tourist.

So do you know when you'll be moving? What year are you in school?
    I know! I feel like if someone told me they were making the decision I am, I would be like WOAH WOAH WOAH! But, they really feel right. The only worries I have about it are actually making it happen!

After DF is DH and goes back to Japan (mid Jan), I'll go home - or wherever it is I decide to stay. It actually will probably be with his parents, hahah. Then he'll start the paperwork to tell them he's married and wants me added to his orders to go there, and I will do things stateside like medical screenings and other paperwork.

If all goes as planned, they should give him the okay - hopefully fairly quickly, but it could take months . I'll get a plane ticket, have my things sent, and go!

If for some reason he doesn't get command sponsorship like we hope, me moving there will be very difficult. Mostly financially, because they wont give him money to support the both of us there. And also, I'll have limited access to some base facilities.

He's really confident that it will be fine, as he's the right rank for it, has 2 and a half years left there, and he's spoken to his higher ups about it - but I am a realistic person and the TINIEST possibility that it won't happen scares me.

It will mean having to tough it out financially and have me still move there, but it wouldn't be a pleasant two years. Plus, getting a visa would be a challenge.

OR, me having to re enroll in college after missing spring semester, re-figure it all out financially - as we'll be married then so FAFSA will change, and deal with being beyond disappointed.... so there's a lot on the line.

I'm a freshman, so I will have only done one semester at college. I plan to finish my degree once I get there and consider my options with the people there. They have classes on base and online.

So, that it will work out!

---

Yeah, I read that whole story in your survey and was like, "Wow! That's lucky!" If I were in your situation, I'd totally do the same thing. It sounds like you have a really great life coming to you!

How often do you guys visit eachother? Has he been in Japan your whole relationship?

------

I'm taking Elementary Jap at my college. I actually really like it. And I've been watching that documentary, Japanland - and it makes me SO excited. I didn't realize how much I liked Japanese culture until now. I always thought I like Europe most!

10. After all this time? Always.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmCee View Post
    I know! I feel like if someone told me they were making the decision I am, I would be like WOAH WOAH WOAH! But, they really feel right. The only worries I have about it are actually making it happen!

After DF is DH and goes back to Japan (mid Jan), I'll go home - or wherever it is I decide to stay. It actually will probably be with his parents, hahah. Then he'll start the paperwork to tell them he's married and wants me added to his orders to go there, and I will do things stateside like medical screenings and other paperwork.

If all goes as planned, they should give him the okay - hopefully fairly quickly, but it could take months . I'll get a plane ticket, have my things sent, and go!

If for some reason he doesn't get command sponsorship like we hope, me moving there will be very difficult. Mostly financially, because they wont give him money to support the both of us there. And also, I'll have limited access to some base facilities.

He's really confident that it will be fine, as he's the right rank for it, has 2 and a half years left there, and he's spoken to his higher ups about it - but I am a realistic person and the TINIEST possibility that it won't happen scares me.

It will mean having to tough it out financially and have me still move there, but it wouldn't be a pleasant two years.

OR, me having to re enroll in college after missing spring semester, re-figure it all out financially - as we'll be married then, and deal with being beyond disappointed.... so there's a lot on the line :anxious

I'm a freshman, so I will have only done one semester at college. I plan to finish my degree once I get there and consider my options with the people there. They have classes on base and online.

So, that it will work out!

---

Yeah, I read that whole story in your survey and was like, "Wow! That's lucky!" If I were in your situation, I'd totally do the same thing. It sounds like you have a really great life coming to you!

How often do you guys visit eachother? Has he been in Japan your whole relationship?

------

I'm taking Elementary Jap at my college. I actually really like it. And I've been watching that documentary, Japanland - and it makes me SO excited. I didn't realize how much I liked Japanese culture until now. I always thought I like Europe most!
    Japanland??? I'm going to have to check this out! That sounds useful! I've just been reading up on the culture and the history and stuff. My sister has some intro Japan dvds at home that I might peruse but DB doens't know any Japanese either

And yeah...I'm kind of super lucky. The director of the workshop we met at went to Kenyon (my lovely college). I was a rising junior during the workshop so I started looking into colleges right after/during that summer and Kenyon was on the list. It ended up being my dream school and tada here I am! Turns out DB just happened to have the same thing in mind...except he enlisted right after the workshop to get the money. I just got super good grades...this school is ridiculously expensive. I dont know HOW people pay full tuition...

ANYWAY.
    Your situation sounds kind of terrifying but absolutely, wonderfully, exciting!!! I'd say keep up with the planning as is and it IS okay to get your hopes up a little. I mean, we're in military relationships. We understand the degree to which hopes can be raised without being unreasonable and you have every right to be scared because it is a BIG commitment. Have you thought about staying in school for the second semester? That way there will be no pressure as far as time goes for him to get everything confirmed on his end so you can come over. If it takes months, hey you'll be in school! And if it doesnt then you have the rest of the semester to get everything in order to go!

Then again if it all works as planned you'll probably just want to hop on the plane.
Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast