Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why all the requirements to sign up for LDL Pals?

1. Regular Member

Why all the requirements to sign up for LDL Pals?

Advertisements
    Hi!
    I was just wondering why you have to have a certain amount of posts or be on here a certainn amount of time to sign up. I joined because my DB and I have had nothing but LDL and it is getting harder and harder to be without him every day. I saw this and was quite excited this was an option! ..buuuut then I read all the requirements I have only been signed up for a wk and could really use someone to talk to and could use the service of this "program". Any way to bypass some of these rules?

Thanks!
  2. Senior Member
    The reason for all the rules is because we have had people flake on their pal. So the rules are pretty set in stone. If you need someone to talk to you can post in the long distance love forum.
  3. Just liviing our love song <3
    Just liviing our love song <3
    You can always PM someone too! I'm more than willing to chat with anyone who sends messages my way and most of the other ladies here are the same way. I've had a lot of really good conversations with people PMing.
    "It is Jesus that you seek when you dream of happiness. He is waiting for you when nothing else satisfies you. He is the beauty to which you are so attracted. It is He who urges you to shed the masks of a false life...It is Jesus who stirs in you the desire to do something great with your lives." -JPII
  4. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Kayla* View Post
    The reason for all the rules is because we have had people flake on their pal. So the rules are pretty set in stone. If you need someone to talk to you can post in the long distance love forum.

I have done that, I thought it would be more beneficial to have one person to talk to on a regular basis to get to know. That way you both know what is going on in your life rather than a quick post or something. Rather than having requirements you should have penalties to the people who do not follow the rules because there is now a person like me who could really use the help and support LDL pals could offer and I'm being turned down? That doesn't seem fair at all. Maybe I'll start something for the people who don't meet your requirements.
  5. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PolishPrincess View Post
    You can always PM someone too! I'm more than willing to chat with anyone who sends messages my way and most of the other ladies here are the same way. I've had a lot of really good conversations with people PMing.
    Than you! It's not easy to figure out what people would be willing to do that, ya know? I wouldn't want to keep bothering people who aren't interested in putting that time in.
  6. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    I use to run deployment pals and at first had no requirements and it was horrible the amount of people that just stopped posting and interacting with there pal.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

7. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    Quote Originally Posted by rlyons521 View Post
    I have done that, I thought it would be more beneficial to have one person to talk to on a regular basis to get to know. That way you both know what is going on in your life rather than a quick post or something. Rather than having requirements you should have penalties to the people who do not follow the rules because there is now a person like me who could really use the help and support LDL pals could offer and I'm being turned down? That doesn't seem fair at all. Maybe I'll start something for the people who don't meet your requirements.
    Well, hun, it's a forum, so there's not many penalties that can happen. I'll be your unofficial LDR pal.
  8. Just liviing our love song <3
    Just liviing our love song <3
    Quote Originally Posted by rlyons521 View Post
    Than you! It's not easy to figure out what people would be willing to do that, ya know? I wouldn't want to keep bothering people who aren't interested in putting that time in.
    Yup you're more than welcome to PM me whenever! Most everyone around here is super friendly and more than happy to offer help. DB and I have been LDR since we started dating...the last 2 months he's been in basic training. I feel the LDR pain
    "It is Jesus that you seek when you dream of happiness. He is waiting for you when nothing else satisfies you. He is the beauty to which you are so attracted. It is He who urges you to shed the masks of a false life...It is Jesus who stirs in you the desire to do something great with your lives." -JPII
  9. Senior Member
    You can always PM if you want to, I'm in a LDR.
  10. Senior Member
    I've been in a LDR with DF since we started dating... close to 4 years now... Always happy to chat with people that PM me!!
    I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast