hi new pal! My name is Megan
  3. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    A Team
    Blog Entries
    OMG!!!
    Hi Megan!!!

I totally submitted my information after the deadline, so I was super bummed about it. I saw April LDL people matched up and when I didn't see my username I just puffed out a big sigh and figured it was because I didn't get it in time. Hi!!!! Sorry to make you wait for SOOO long, must have been aggravating My name is Atia (uh-tea-uh). Odd story behind it
    How have you been? Are you in school? How was your day?
    This girl is gearing up for ANG!

islandxgirl:My bestie, my love, my wifey since 06/22/11
  5. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    Whats the story behind your name? It's pretty and original, I like it

I'm not in school. I work part to full time at a tanning salon. Been in this industry for ab 5 years now! I love it!
    A Team
    Blog Entries

Good morning!!!
    Hmm my name was originated between my parents (obviously), essentially they were both drunk and trying to come up with a name that had the most amount of syllables with the least amount of letter My mom wanted to name me Kiara...I like my name as it is I plan on giving my children difficult names so that they have to suffer through years of teachers and strangers having difficulty too
    I would appreciate that advice on getting a nice tan I'm pretty gosh darn white, and I'll be planning a wedding soon

7. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    hahaah! That's a good story

The best thing to do starting out is to build a good base. Go in your nearest salon's entry level (or base) beds. They're usually 20 or 15 minutes maximums. If the people that work at your salon are educated on UV exposure you will probably have a better experience.

The UVB ray (commonly known as the "burning" ray) is the ray that produces melanin in your skin. That's what your skin uses to turn brown.

UVA ray is known as the bronzing ray. It turns the melanin brown. It comes in behind the melanin and basically pops it open like an umbrella opening up and turns brown.

Obviously the more melanin you create, the darker you will become. Once you start to develop a base (after maybe 3 or 4 weeks) you can bump up into some bronzing beds for more instant color. But having the base will make your color last alot longer.

If they try to talk you into going into bronzing beds first (which alot of salons will because they are usually higher in price) let them know that you want to start off in a base bed.

My suggestion would be to go 3-5 times a week for the first month. If they offer a month unlimited package that would be your best bet, and depending on the price, more economical. Once you have a good base developed just buy some sessions in some bronzing beds. Maintain by going once or twice a week after that (depending on how well your skin holds color).

And what is the most important thing, you may ask? ALWAYS USE A SALON APPROVED TANNING LOTION!! You will get way better and faster results by using a tanning lotion. It can't be something cheap from walmart or a drug store because the ingredients in those will damage the acrylics in salon tanning beds. Even if they say "tanning bed safe" they are usually only safe in home tannig beds, not the ones used in porfessional tanning salons. The acrylic is a lot thicker in salons and made of different materials that will damage faster because beds in salons are typically used many many times a day whereas a home bed is usually used once a day or less. KWIM?

I'd be happy to give you some suggestions on lotions if you like Sorry this ended up being soooo long

Oh and if you've never used a tingle lotion before, don't let them sell one to you unless you have a base tan. You will probably be turned off to it. They're really good lotions because they bring the blood to the surface of the skin and give you faster color but people either love it or they hate it. Some good lines that have lotions of all price ranges are Devoted Creations (my personal favorite) and Designer Skin (my 2nd favorite). All of devoted creations lotions are aloe based so it's giving your skin extra moisture which is the whole purpose of using a tanning lotion!

8. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    OH I forgot to say that when you start off in the base beds start at a very low time your first few times! I don't want you to burn! Base beds are typically high in the UVB ray (burning ray)

Maybe try like 5 or 6 minutes the first time and if you don't get pink/burnt/sensitive the next time you go, bump up a minute or two. But slow and steady is best. Your skin can't tan if you burn it because basically it's trying to repair the damage of the burn and doesn't really have "time" to make more melanin when it's repairing.

If you DO get burnt or sensitive (I can usually tell that night when I take a shower ) don't go up in time, and if the pink doesn't go away by the next day go down a minute or 2. But wait till the pinkness subsides before tanning again

I hope my novel helps

Of course always let me know if you have any questions

I've been Smart Tan Certified and I will be getting certified again this year sometime. I'm educated in all that fun tanning stuff
    A Team
    Blog Entries

That is an insane amount of information, I will definitely have to look back into this thread when I go I have been to a tanning bed before, I liked it and obviously didn't see a difference because I only went once or twice. I couldn't afford it. I would love to get an unlimited month package thing, but I don't have a vehicle so although the opportunity is there my mode of tranportation sucks! How long before getting married would you suggest starting the whole tanning process?

How is your day going?

10. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    Depends on how much color you're wanting. I would definitely start AT LEAST 2 months out.
    You'd be amazed at how many people come in here saying they have an event or whathaveyou in 4 days and want to be dark fast...

It just doesnt work like that

My day is okay. Slow but that's okay. I've been playing on the computer all day basically. Get off in 45 minutes and I plan on going for a walk/jog

How is yours going?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast