Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LDL Pals FAQs

1. Switzerland
    Switzerland

LDL Pals FAQs

Advertisements
    Here are a few FAQ's that I've been asked regarding Long Distance Love (LDL) Pals and how it works.

Q: How often are the LDL Pal rounds?
    A: LDL Pals rounds run every month. There will be a stickied sign-up thread with the information and questionnaire for you to PM me about 1-2 weeks before the start of the month.

Q: What is a LDL Pal?
    A: LDL Pals is like an exchange, except you DO NOT have to send your pal a gift or anything "off-line", unless it is an exchange round. Your pal is someone to talk to about your long distance relationship, vent to, offer advice if you've been through it before, and generally just someone to lean on that is going through the same thing you are.

Q: Where are sign ups and other threads posted?
    A: In the LDL Pals sub-forum which is within the Long Distance Love forum.

Q: How often do I have to contact my pal?
    A: Please contact your pal at least 3 times a week. Participating in LDL Pals is a great way to get to know someone else on the board that knows what you're going through. If you will be unable to get online for any amount of time, please let your pal & me know so they don't think you're ignoring them and I don't think you aren't fulfilling your commitment!

Q: How do I know who my pal is? How do I contact them?
    A: At the beginning of every LDL Pals round, I will post a thread with both of your names in it in this section. For example "misskrissyo and misskrissyo, October LDL Pals" I will PM both of you with the link to your LDL Pal thread, as well as sending both of you the questionnaire that you each filled out when signing up. You can also post visitor messages on their profile, or send your pal PM's, not to mention the many other ways to talk out side Msos if you so choose. Just please be sure to post in your thread 3 times a week so I can see you are fulfilling you pal commitment.

Q: My pal hasn't contacted me at all! What do I do?
    A: PLEASE let me know if your pal hasn't contacted you so I can try to find someone else for you! The person will receive a warning, and if they still do not follow through will be put on the black list for those participating in exchanges.

Q: My SO and I will/will no longer be in a long distance relationship towards the middle of this round of LDL Pals! Is it ok if I still join?
    A: Yes, that is perfectly alright. If you and your SO will/will no longer be in a long distance relationship during that round. Even if you may becoming or no longer be long distance in the middle of the round, you are still expected to participate the whole time. Though it is preferred that you wait till the next round if you are starting a long distance relationship, or refrain if you are soon to no longer be long distance. However if you are no longer in a long distance relationship you are more than welcome to participate in the LDL Stalker Pals.

Q: I have less than 250 posts or have been a member for less than a month. Can I still join this round?
    A: No. While I understand that it can be frustrating to not meet the criteria, there is a reason behind the madness. We want to make sure that you are an active, participating member on the boards. These requirements are actually pretty minimal, but we wanted people to be able to participate even if they don't have a huge post count.

Q: I have an idea about LDL Pals! Who do I contact?
    A: Please send me a PM. I would love to hear input from members as to how you think the exchange could be made better!

Q: I'm still confused about something. Who do I contact?
    A: That is also me! Feel free to send me a PM with any questions you may have.
    Last edited by misskrissyo; 11-16-2010 at 07:48 PM.
  2. Senior Member
    you're so helpful today missy
  3. Switzerland
    Switzerland
    Lol oh just you wait. Im getting to the stalker pals next....
  4. Senior Member
  5. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

6. Senior Member
    I agree.... you're full of good info!

Finally together in Okinawa and ready to start some new adventures together!
  7. Senior Member
  8. Switzerland
    Switzerland
    Cant take all the credit Im feeding from the deployment pals. AKA rainbow brite.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    You go girl!

I'm Baaaaaaaack
  10. Senior Member
    I would have never known!!! (I don't go reading their threads)

Finally together in Okinawa and ready to start some new adventures together!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast