Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st deployment with child..

1. cubanitaqt

1st deployment with child..

Advertisements
    dont know what to do? his deplyment isnt till february but im still scared. he still has pre-deployment to finish.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed

I always say stay busy & stay positive
  3. Give me my coffee and no one gets hurt
    Give me my coffee and no one gets hurt
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGirl View Post
    I always say stay busy & stay positive
    (although some days, the "positive" part is hard to come by) we had both our girls when Dh was on shore duty so when he started going back out to sea i had a 2 yr old and a 6 mo old. online sites (like here, livejournal, yahoo groups) helped me a lot as far as "adult interaction". do you have any friends with kids around the same age? that's another way to get some adult time and the kids can entertain each other lol. plus, you guys can swap babysitting duties if you have appts and stuff.

if you don't know too many people where you are, you might want to check yahoo groups or something similar. maybe you can find a mom's group or playgroup.

4. cubanitaqt

Smile

I have to try and stay positive for my sons sake. No i dont know anyone in my area i just moved here so all my family is back in az. thank you for the advice though every little thing helps
  5. bunkie
    THis is our first deployment with kids. We did 3 before and I thought it would be easier with children. Its a bittersweet mix. Some days it really is because I dont dwell on him, but others...the days they are making leaps and bounds and just the cute things they do, those are worse then any day in any single deployment. I just put myself into my kids. Concentrating on them really helped me. It took me about 2 months to get used to not having the extra help and getting a really good grove down when I left the house (I have a 2 year old and a 10 month old) but after a while it just came naturally like everything else. Just take lots of pictures and video for him so he doesn't feel like he missed as much.
  6. world~of~mirth
    This is my first with a kid and it waaaaaay harder then it was when I was by myself. I do belong to a playgroup and it does help a lot to break the monotony. Try not to stress and find a good friend to swap kids with.
  7. Senior Member
    I am a first time deployment gal and I have a small son. I don't have family around either. I have my down days, but I work full time and my weeks just fly by. I stay so busy with work and my son that it has really been going quickly.
    If you ever want to talk just PM me or IM me.

8. Lovingmymarine
    You have to stay busy.. I have 2 kids who are 3 & 1 and i plan a week of things to do.. from going to the beach to having a water fight.. Just remember its going to be hard on your kiddo so you have to keep your head up.. Also a thing for you kiddo to help them get through is a daddy doll. (www.daddydoll.com) I got one for my daughter and she LOVES and she can take daddy where ever we go.. she sleeps with it she rough houses with it but most of all she can be close to him!
  9. Lovingmymarine
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovingmymarine View Post
    You have to stay busy.. I have 2 kids who are 3 & 1 and i plan a week of things to do.. from going to the beach to having a water fight.. Just remember its going to be hard on your kiddo so you have to keep your head up.. Also a thing for you kiddo to help them get through is a daddy doll. (www.daddydoll.com) I got one for my daughter and she LOVES and she can take daddy where ever we go.. she sleeps with it she rough houses with it but most of all she can be close to him!
    Sorry its Daddydolls.com
  10. Angelina
    Yep, stay busy! Remember, one day that he's gone is one day that he's closer to him coming home. It was hard because we were only married 2 weeks before he left. Every night I would have email a little note to him from the baby. I kept his picture up so she knew. And I kept busy.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast