Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breaking my heart

1. Senior Member

Breaking my heart

Advertisements
    My two year old son has started to act strange. He woke up in the morning crying for DH and then later in the day he was moping so I asked him what was wrong and he just started saying, "My dada my dada" over and over. I hugged him and told him daddy loves him and he will talk to him later. When DH called my son didn't want to talk to him it breaks my heart because I know DH misses him a lot and vise versa. I don't know how to help him cope better than to show him pictures and tell him how much daddy loves him. It just makes me so sad.
  2. Senior Member
    Awww thats so heart breaking!!
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  3. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

Does he have a daddy doll? That really helps my 3 year old when he misses daddy really bad. I'm sorry

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

No advice just many
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by germy View Post
    Does he have a daddy doll? That really helps my 3 year old when he misses daddy really bad. I'm sorry
    He doesn't! I completely forgot about those! I'll look into getting him one I'm sure he'd love it! He's been having such a rough day poor little guy.
  6. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

Quote Originally Posted by HerAirmansLove View Post
    He doesn't! I completely forgot about those! I'll look into getting him one I'm sure he'd love it! He's been having such a rough day poor little guy.
    It's especially helpful at bedtime so he can still give his daddy bedtime hugs and kisses. I'm sorry it's been so rough for him today.

I've noticed that with my kids, it's especially more difficult as the day progresses. Dinner and bedtime are the peak of their missing daddy times of the day. That's when they're used to us all being together as a family. Have you noticed that as well?

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Awww I'm so sad to hear this, I agree with the daddy doll, this may make him feel better with missing daddy Maybe let your DH leave a message on your voicemail that you can play over and over for your son so he can at least hear his voice daily? I hope things get better for you

SJ
    Sabrina J
    *Wife to Joshua 10/10/2014
    **Mommie to Skylyn Elizabeth 06/19/03
    ***Mommie to Justus Melia 07/27/2009
    ****Mommie to Kai Anthony 08/14/2010
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by germy View Post
    It's especially helpful at bedtime so he can still give his daddy bedtime hugs and kisses. I'm sorry it's been so rough for him today.

I've noticed that with my kids, it's especially more difficult as the day progresses. Dinner and bedtime are the peak of their missing daddy times of the day. That's when they're used to us all being together as a family. Have you noticed that as well?
    He hasn't been gone too long but it does seem that way now that I think about it. He just started whining and told me he wants to go "home". I told him that we are home and he wasn't happy with that. This is the first time since we've moved here that he's said something like that I always tell them home is wherever we all are and I wasn't sure he understood and now I think he might think DH is back "home" in Albuquerque.
  9. Senior Member
    This doesnt compare at all, but just a suggestion. Growing up my dad worked for the D.O.T. so he worked nights a lot. My sister and I missed him so much during those nights. So my dad came up with the idea to give us two of his favorite yankee shirts. (I guess its similar to the daddy doll), it def helped!! Id be lying if I said I dont have it still even if its ripped up and torn!
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  10. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

Is your DH somewhere you could send him a few of the books to record him reading to your son and then send them back? That could help, especially if you get the daddy doll. Maybe Daddy Doll could read to him when he misses him.

I'm sure you have pictures out, but maybe a pic to hang around his neck that he can hug/look at when he misses Daddy.

Put on your big girl panties and deal with it like a boss.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast