Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ODD is already struggling

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueButterfly505 View Post
    Oh, I got those recordable books for the girls (that DH has yet to record). K is already obsessed with hers with the display voice reading the book to her. So I think that will be a huge hit once DH's puts his voice on there, but we'll see.
    Oh I forgot! I have a ton of videos of DH reading to Wyatt or reading "to" Wyatt without him present so it's like daddy really reading to him. Those have been a big hit since he was tiny and leaving.
  2. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

I was about 7 when my dad deployed for about 8 months. I don't remember all that much but my mom took me and my brother out to breakfast every Sunday, we had a countdown calendar, she would let us sleep in her room on the weekends, my dad sent me a gift every month. That was what I remembered the most. I don't know if that would be possible in your situation.

3. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyatheart86 View Post

I was about 7 when my dad deployed for about 8 months. I don't remember all that much but my mom took me and my brother out to breakfast every Sunday, we had a countdown calendar, she would let us sleep in her room on the weekends, my dad sent me a gift every month. That was what I remembered the most. I don't know if that would be possible in your situation.
    These are great ideas and I'm glad you were able to remember this stuff from that age. Shoot, any excuse not to cook or make dirty dishes I'll have to wash sounds good to me so I might give that a try. If my 2 year old plays nice and doesn't try to run around the restaurant, I'm down for making something like that a regular thing.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12