Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Sudden bouts of crying ...

1. Banned
    Banned

Sudden bouts of crying ...

Advertisements
    My son 7 year old son has had some serious issues (or lack there of) with his emotions lately. I will go through the list in order so you can see what I am talking about.

1. His dad left for Afghanistan and he didn't cry. He didn't say he was going to miss him or ask any questions about the deployment other then to ask his dad about his hand gun.

2. I got very sick and was almost hospitalized. Nothing from him.

3. The dog we have had for over ten years was put to sleep and he didn't even cry. He really didn't seem to care.

4. Our car caught on fire and didn't express fear or ask any questions

He has Asperger's syndrome and has always been overly emotional when things have happened in the past. He would cry when someone fail down or when his dad went to Afghanistan "to scope it out" before they deployed. I have been seriously worried about him. Then today, he started crying for no reason and cried for about 30 minutes. I worry that he is no longer able to express himself well. He had counseling when he was in school (2x a week) and I am trying to get into see someone now. Has anyone ever had a similar experience with their child?
  2. Regular Member
    I can't help but maybe try the special needs children thread under parenting I think it is? I hope you can find something to help him and yourself to understand more of what he is feeling.