Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: DD is only 9 months but...

1. Senior Member

Help DD is only 9 months but...

Advertisements
    are there any mommas that have had young babies separated for a good length of time and the baby had NO IDEA who their daddy is? how did you cope with it? how did your SO react when he came home to a baby/toddler that did not know him? how long did it take for your LO to warm up to him?
    Proud Wife of a United States Marine
    :)
    Blog Entries
    ODD was 14 months and YDD was 4 months when their daddy left for basic/AIT. They were 19 months and 9 months when he graduated and they freaked out when they saw him. They cried and wanted me or grandpa but it didn't take long for them to get back into their playful mood with daddy. Even though they played and smiled at him the same day...it took a few days for them to get back into a routine with him. They didn't want him all the time like they did when he had left. They always came to momma when they got upset. It hurt DH really bad but he understood...they were little and couldn't remember him. Deployment was easier when he got home. They ran right to him when he came home!

♥ 2,000oz of boobie milk donated ♥

better2gether is my Irish Twin Mommy Wifey!
  3. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Quote Originally Posted by marinewifenmom View Post
    are there any mommas that have had young babies separated for a good length of time and the baby had NO IDEA who their daddy is? how did you cope with it? how did your SO react when he came home to a baby/toddler that did not know him? how long did it take for your LO to warm up to him?
    Yes. Next year it is going to be 2 years since we are separated from my husband. My baby girl will be close to 1 year and 6 months when we reunite with him. I have no idea how she will react when he picks her up the very first time in a very long time but I will do my best to keep her familiar with her daddy, as much as possible. I take it day by day - it's pretty much my coping mechanism. We shall see how he will react when he sees her and how long it will take her to warm up to him. We are far from it, right now.

I plan on getting her two of those Daddy Dolls and maybe also a teddy bear with his picture on it.
  4. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

I fear how dd is going to react to having daddy home. I'm so afraid she's going to freak out and cry constantly. We are extremely lucky that we get to Skype fairly often so she knows his voice and what he looks like, but skype daddy and daddy in person is two different things! I want him home now so that we can get through this.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

5. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Lm was 4 months when DH left and is 9 months now. She will be almost two when daddy returns. We go over pictures, he left videos, and that is helping it seems. She knows who he is but idk how she will react when he gets home. It's tough. many
  6. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    We did everything we could for DH and DD. She was 3 weeks old when he deployed and about 9 months when he returned. We showed her pictures, talked about him, he tried talking to her on the phone, etc. Sadly, for us, they've just never had a close relationship. Now, that could have been the way it was going to happen no matter what, we'll never know. I still blame deployment.