Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Broke my heart.

1. Senior Member

Broke my heart.

Advertisements
    Mia's in bed. Just a few minutes ago I heard her crying, and went in her room. She was just laying there bawling her eyes out and I was like "what's wrong baby?" and she went "I miss Mitchel" (DH) and just kept sobbing. I lost it. I've been fine lately, I've gotten used to the distance but I hate seeing her upset like that. I layed with her for a minute and rubbed her back and told her he'll be back in a few months. Then I called him and he talked to her for a bit. It kills me when she cries.
  2. Moooooo!!
    Moooooo!!
    That's definitely rough.
  3. Senior Member
    That's hard.

I don't know how old she is but perhaps you can get a picture framed that she can have beside her bed

Or if your crafty you could make her a small pillow with his picture on it that she can hug when she is lonely. You could do a photo transfer or sew a clear plastic pocket that you could put a picture of him into it.
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaaau View Post
    That's hard.

I don't know how old she is but perhaps you can get a picture framed that she can have beside her bed

Or if your crafty you could make her a small pillow with his picture on it that she can hug when she is lonely. You could do a photo transfer or sew a clear plastic pocket that you could put a picture of him into it.
    That's a good idea. Maybe I'll invest in a daddy doll? She's 4.
  5. Moderator

Aw, poor thing. It is so hard to see them be sad over the distance.

For Emery, who's also 4, she has a picture of DH. It really seems to help. When he's gone, she always kisses it and says goodnight to him before she goes to bed.
  6. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    It's rough when they cry like that. I think a daddy doll maybe a good idea DD is 4 as well, and it's the only thing that calms her down. I got her one of the Hug to Go dolls where you can put a picture for it's "face." You can also record him saying something on it so she can hear his voice. HE doesn't even have to be there to do it you can record him saying something over like skype or the phone with it. I recorded DH saying "I love you Kali" over the phone when he was in port during his last deployment and it recorded his voice nice and clearly.

Here's the link to the "daddy dolls" like DD has.
    Deployed Families
    Signature removed due to size.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaLea View Post
    That's a good idea. Maybe I'll invest in a daddy doll? She's 4.

I'm sure she would love it and it would help her out. Perhaps someone could take a picture of him that he could send that you could print out for her.
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

that must be so hard
  9. Regular Member
    It is so hard sometimes. I have 4 young children and DB has 6 older children (2 still at home). They are each struggling in their own way. DB made Build-a-Bears for each of the little ones with a recorded message in the paw. They play the messages each night before bed. You can purchase the message recorder and bring it home to record a message over skype and then bring it back to have the bear made.