Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Insane

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Insane

Advertisements
    Pretty sure my kids are going to have me completely insane before the hubby gets home.... :0

Mackenzie is 9 and thinks she is 30 (although the Wii told hr she was 27). She can't stop trying to be a mom.... and yet she will cry over the smallest things.

Sean is 6 and the only boy. He is so rough and accident prone and yet again his heart breaks when his sister sits in his seat.

Kaitelyn is 4 and defiantly the baby. She is also the bully, antagonizing the other two and while I don't condone and I do discipline she still continues.

Each kid can be awesome. Two kids together is good. Put the three together and the saying "to many cooks in the kitchen spoil the soup" saying comes to mind.

Mackenzie has been through 3 deployments. This is technically the second for Sean but as he was born during the deployment and 6 months old when my husband came home so he didn't really go through it. And this is Kaitelyn's first.

I can't seem to get them to behave themselves in public. I know when we are home I can send them to their rooms but in public I just get more irritated and frustrated. I know they miss their dad and I know some of it is just them being kids... but ugh I don't know what else to do to de-stress. I try to separate them, I try to redirect, I take away toys or other "valuables" of theirs, I don't know how else to get them to understand I need them to help me not go insane without strangling them.

Thanks for the vent. If you have any helpful tips that would be great.

Kristin
  2. Regular Member
    Hey there. I can totally understand where you are coming from. My oldest is almost 5 and my youngest is 2 (both boys). At home, they are manageable, but out in public it's a different story. So much so that I dread having to go to the grocery store

It is also our first deployment as well, so we have those emotions to deal with too. I don't have much advice but I do know that I am MUCH more firm when we go out in public. I don't ever yell, or spank but I use that scary low tone of voice that mom's get when they are upset. It works for a few minutes

Good luck and hugs because I know how hard it is for the kids when their parent is gone. I just try and keep that in the back of my mind when they are acting like fools. Little people have little emotions haha.
  3. Senior Member
    I am humbled by your strength as Mothers and wives going through a deployment. I am a single gal (no kids..just my DB) going through a deployment but reading about your children and the sacrifices you are making is really inspiring! Thank you for being such strong and amazing women! I feel blessed to know that there are women stronger than me out there!

God Bless you and your families!
  4. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Our last deployment I had baby (DD was 9 mths when DH returned) a 2 yr old and a 6 yr old. I would suggest seeing if you base has a hearts apart type program. They have activities for deployed families, sometimes it is just dinner, or movie nights, other times it is activities (I know here every now and then they have a free bus trip to NYC). Also gives you an opportunity to talk to others who are in the same situation with their husbands away. Also remember the Military Family Life Consultants. They are wonderful, can meet you somewhere like McDonalds and do not keep records. I would also recommend instead of taking away stuff when they arer misbehaving, to instead reward when they behave. They are looking for attention and most kids will misbehave when they do, as they know it can push buttons and if you are out, a lot of time you will just give in so they will behave. Don't react to the negative and they will soon realize that they will not get attention for misbehaving.

We are all here for you too