Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Any resoruces for siblings?

1. Senior Member

Help Any resoruces for siblings?

Advertisements
    I think this is the best place for this to go- I'm not sure though, so if it needs to be moved - feel free

Background: DB has three younger siblings: two brothers 5 and 3, and a younger sister whose about 18 months. Obviously the two younger ones don't understand what's going but the 5 year old does and has been havcing problems since DB left. He's the sweetest kid but since DB left he's become so angry and violent toward his siblings at times. He told DB's mom last night that the Army could have anyone else but he wanted his Bubba (what they call DB) back!

I have found a lot of resources for children, but nothing for siblings. I know its pretty uncommon to have this kind of age gap so that's why. I was just wondering if you guys had any suggestions or resources I could give to DB's mom to help him out, we're starting to worry about him.

Thanks in advance ladies

My blog: Life, Love, and Lesson Plans My Wedding Blog: Operation: Becoming Mrs. B

I *Kayla*! She's the best wifey and friend in the world
  2. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries
    OneSource offers counseling for immediate family, if it gets to the point where his family feels the little guy needs to talk to someone. If not, they always have a wealth of information on their site, and usually have one or two books about kids dealing with deployment. Just replace "daddy" with "brother" and I don't think it will be a huge deal.
    Next time you shop on Amazon, click through this link to help an amazing veterans' organization!

My 101 blog
    The Arizona Oenophile. Wine snobbery!

Lovin' up on WiggleWiggle~ since 04.06.2011!
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post
    OneSource offers counseling for immediate family, if it gets to the point where his family feels the little guy needs to talk to someone. If not, they always have a wealth of information on their site, and usually have one or two books about kids dealing with deployment. Just replace "daddy" with "brother" and I don't think it will be a huge deal.
    Thanks, I forgot about OneSource - I'll send her that link too!

My blog: Life, Love, and Lesson Plans My Wedding Blog: Operation: Becoming Mrs. B

I *Kayla*! She's the best wifey and friend in the world