Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: DS acting like a fool!!

1. Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp
    Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp

DS acting like a fool!!

Advertisements
    I think DS is having some passive aggression issues with daddy gone this time. He peed on a boy in his class because he didnt want to be DS friend.

Daddy deployed 3 or 4 times last year and never acted like this. I dont know if this is has to do with the lack of communication this time or having a little sister on top of all of it or what but GAH!!

So needless to say hes going to see a behaviorist.

Is this normal?
  2. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

Quote Originally Posted by *Roo* View Post
    I think DS is having some passive aggression issues with daddy gone this time. He peed on a boy in his class because he didnt want to be DS friend.

Daddy deployed 3 or 4 times last year and never acted like this. I dont know if this is has to do with the lack of communication this time or having a little sister on top of all of it or what but GAH!!

So needless to say hes going to see a behaviorist.

Is this normal?

Normal? Not even in the least. I can see fighting, talking back, temper tantrums ect...but PEEING on someone? Personally that's pretty disgusting. If I were the parent of the other child I'd be livid.

Glad you're having him see someone. I think there's alot more going on than deployment seperation anxiety.
  3. Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp
    Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayo View Post

Normal? Not even in the least. I can see fighting, talking back, temper tantrums ect...but PEEING on someone? Personally that's pretty disgusting. If I were the parent of the other child I'd be livid.

Glad you're having him see someone. I think there's alot more going on than deployment seperation anxiety.
    Mee too. I was livid!! I dont know where he picked that up or what, but I was mortified!! When we got home I whooped his butt and made his write an apoligy. The little boy didnt want to except it (thats fine by me) it crushed DS.

The thing that gets me is he wasnt even sent to the principals office. When I went to school if that crap would have happened it would have been an automatic suspension!!

Needless to say that was the straw that broke the camels back. He attitude and behavior has just been enough. Im tired!!
  4. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    I'm really glad that you are seeking help for him. I absolutely agree that it's not normal, nor is it a healthy reaction to whatever he's feeling.

I hope you can get to the root of what is going on.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Was he punished for this (At School or at home)?
    I would ask him some questions (this is what the behaviourist will do).
    Has he seen someone else do this to another person (Where did he learn it?), What does he think about the toilet (negative associations), and How did he feel when he urinated on the other child?
    I wouldn't say it was 'normal' but it is not extremely abnormal either... but you need to firm with him and show him it's unacceptable.