Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: need ideas.

1. Senior Member

need ideas.

Advertisements
    A couple who DF and i are really good friends with just had a baby.

the husband is deployed, he was just home on R&R, and the wife was telling me how their daughter could tell that he had left, even though she is only a few weeks old.

i wanted to get something for the baby, maybe like a daddy doll, or something with his picture. i just don't know if she is too young for this, or if its a good idea.

any opinions or ideas? TIA
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  2. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries
    Send him a receiving blanket and have him sleep with it for a week, and then mail it back in a gallon ziplock bag.
    Next time you shop on Amazon, click through this link to help an amazing veterans' organization!

My 101 blog
    The Arizona Oenophile. Wine snobbery!

Lovin' up on WiggleWiggle~ since 04.06.2011!
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post
    Send him a receiving blanket and have him sleep with it for a week, and then mail it back in a gallon ziplock bag.
    I think this is a great idea.

Also, I know there is the program where he could be recorded reading a book. I know the baby is still young but maybe hearing his voice would help. I apologize but I can't remember the name of the program.
  4. Eternal Member
    Eternal Member
    Those are both great ideas.I wish I had an idea for you....
  5. Senior Member
    thanks ladies. i just want to be able to do something for them. i know shes really hurting with having a new baby. i'm going to go visit her in a few weeks. i know that will cheer her up.

i don't even know his address, but maybe i can suggest it to her. but... not sure how good he smells
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  6. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Get a build a bear and a voice recorder for it. Send him the recorder to talk into and then when he send sit back give her the teddy. My kids loved theirs. They also have daddy dolls. If he goes to the library over there (if there is one where he is) he will be able to make a disc reading a book, just make sure he checks the disc in a computer before sending it back to make sure it worked.