Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Perfect section for my question :)

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Perfect section for my question :)

Advertisements
    So I'm new to this site so helloo everyone!! :) but anyway..
    My husband and I have been married for a year. He is in a non deployable unit right now but sometime this year he wants to get out of his current unit and switch to another. We have been talking about having a baby lately and I'm just wondering if anyone has advice. I think it is exciting to think about but at the same time I'm nervous about the thought of having a baby with him gone. I know deployments are part of the job but with a baby in the picture seems to make things even more stressful. I wouldn't mind having a baby right now, but the whole deployment thing and him being gone makes me question if we should wait until he gets out of the Marines to have a one, which is in 2012..

I'm really not sure. Part of me says yes! but there is that other part of me is making me think if we should wait for another year... ugh any advice?!?

I tried asking a question on yahoo answers military forum but everyone there is just plain rude telling me to deal with it so hopefully people here are nice, i'm sure you guys are :)
  2. Senior Member
    Welcome! I am sure you will find this site and the people very helpful and supportive.

I think you would need to sit down and talk to him about it. That is a big step and you want to make sure you are both ready for it. I know it would be hard having a baby when he is gone but usually they can come back for the birth if they are deployed. If you want one now just go for it. But I would really just have a serious conversation with your husband about it because that will help a lot in the choice. Have a great day!
  3. Senior Member
    No one predict how you will deal with a baby and a deployment. Some people think it is a snap and some can't cope. Only you know you and how you believe you will handle parenting alone for a period of time while he is deployed.
  4. Lima Oscar Victor Echo
    Lima Oscar Victor Echo
    I don't have children yet but soon....One of the things to think about is being financially stable. The military is a good stable income for a child. I was pregnant and had a miscarriage during a deployment. It was very hard for both of us, but it wasn't something we couldn't handle. Yes deployments are hard, but young women and men do it everyday. You just find things to keep you busy. Anyways, you should have children when you and your husband feel ready. No one can tell you different. Don't stop your life just because there is a deployment coming up. You can do it if you want too!

btw WELCOME to the board!