Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: This harder than I expected.....

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Blog Entries

This harder than I expected.....

Advertisements
    Iris Love is my 5 year old who just started kindergarten. I know exciting times right?... Well, our man is being deployed again and this is not going over well with her. She said she "hates the army for stealing him". She cries when we talk about it and I have tied several approaches from explaining that this is his job and it has to be done so far away that it is impractical for him to come home everynight to saying that it will be fine just you see. I myself ran out of fuel to aid her. I myself am not too excited to say the least. My wonderful man did come up with a solution that seems to be working thus far... When he came home from his officer training for a few weeks he brought a huge map of the U.S. and one of the world. He put blue tacks where he has been lately and a red tack were he is currently. He also put a yellow tack where we live. I think it helps her visually understand that he is still around and loves her but is too far to come home all the time. Thus far it is working great and has put a smile back on my little girls face. She likes to talk to him on the phone and get his current location and see my geography challenged butt struggle to find it on the map for tack placement.
    Last edited by jessicagibson; 09-12-2009 at 01:44 AM.