Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Operation Kid Comfort

1. I <3 my National Guardsman!
    I <3 my National Guardsman!

Operation Kid Comfort

Advertisements
    I'm not sure if everyone knows about this or not but Operation Kid Comfort makes quilts and pillowcases for the children of deployed parents. I just wanted to say that we got ours in the mail on Saturday and they did a wonderful job! There was even a handwritten note in there from someone who has gone through what I am going through AND there was a note to my DD from her blanket, which made me bawl like a baby. This is all done completely free of charge too, although donations are welcome. My daugher absolutely loves her "Daddy blanket" and has to sleep with it every night. It's wonderful so I thought I would rave about it.
  2. Senior Member
    I submitted for mine last week. How long did it take for you to get yours? I am so excited for the kids to get theirs. I know they are missing daddy right now and they don't understand the time. You should post pics of your blanket! I bet it's awesome!!
    Trish & Hubby Home for R&R!! Dec. 2009
  3. I <3 my National Guardsman!
    It actually took about 2 months probably but I had to track down who I needed to send the info to and I was informed that I would have to send my info in on March 1st because they were backed up. So I did that and I hadn't heard from anyone about it and I FINALLY got it in the mail this past Saturday. So it took a while but if the person that does them in your area isn't so busy you may get it a lot sooner than I did. But it was completely worth it. I will try to post pics of it tonight. But it is amazing.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Just saw this and wanted to post pictures. I got quilts for all three of my kids, even the 17 yr old! I figured that these are good memories for them to have for later in life and to pass to thier own kids eventually. Ours took about 5-6 weeks, but could have taken up to 8-10 weeks. I think it just depends on how busy they are. We went through the San Diego AF YMCA since hubby's command is deployed on the Nimitz.
  5. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    I have 3 also. Love them!!! Ones so nice we hang it in our daughters room.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Dangit. I applied for it back when DH left, and I got an email back saying they were over their quota for the quarter and to email her back after May 15. I totally forgot and now I bet it's too late again.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    website anyone? My 3 yr old is having a hard hard time with him gone.

I would love to give her something that may help a little other than the one pic she sees on the frgidge and the pics of him on my computer.

Thanks
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
  9. I <3 my National Guardsman!
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Obvious View Post
    Dangit. I applied for it back when DH left, and I got an email back saying they were over their quota for the quarter and to email her back after May 15. I totally forgot and now I bet it's too late again.
    I had this same problem too, but I somehow managed to remember which to be honest is an act of God for me to remember ANYTHING. I still haven't posted my picture yet because I'm a bad procrastinator but my DD is thrilled to have Daddy right there with her when she goes to sleep. It's amazing for anyone who can get one and the letter they sent DD made me cry.
  10. Senior Member
    I sent for Anna's on June 1st, the lady told me it might take a while because they are backed up a good bit, but I'm just glad that they are going to do it
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast