Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Make internet accessible to your child

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Make internet accessible to your child

Advertisements
    I would like to keep tabs on my teenaged daughter’s internet access. As a teenager she is curious and eager to know about many things, which are not right for her age. I cannot exercise direct authority on her as this leads to friction between us. How can I keep a watch without her coming to know about it?
  2. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    Download and install a key stroke logger. That way you will have a record of everything that she inputs into the computer.

And what the hell? You can't exercise direct authority on YOUR CHILD? Fuck friction; you're the mom. Someone has to be in charge!!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I don't believe in spying, but if I had kids I would install a key stroker and inform them that one was on the computer.
  4. Senior Member
    As a teenager, I would never trust my parents again if they felt the need to keep a log of everything I typed on the computer. I would at least tell her you're doing it, and not surprise her with it.
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Log on to www.kidsemail.org. The site has answers to your problem. With KidsEmail.org you can ensure your children are only receiving contact from approved people and that they are only sending approved information to others. One of the features on the site will enable all emails of your ward to be routed through you. The other features at kidsemail.org will enable you keep a complete check your child.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Himis is replying to nimis?

both have one post.

ok.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by *skittles* View Post
    Himis is replying to nimis?

both have one post.

ok.
    I was wondering about that too.
  8. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    Veeerrrrrrrrrrrrry interesting!
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Songtan Sally View Post
    Download and install a key stroke logger. That way you will have a record of everything that she inputs into the computer.

And what the hell? You can't exercise direct authority on YOUR CHILD? Fuck friction; you're the mom. Someone has to be in charge!!
    this is something my own sister asked me about her kids (not the computer, but exerting control). now, there is a possibility of being too controlling, but i dont think the internet lands is somewhere where that can happen. you are her MOTHER, NOT her friend. when she is older, if you have taught her correctly, she will come to love you for it, and then you will be friends (cue sappy music and a picture of my mom here). i hate causing problems too, but do not let her. you are the mom, your rules. no questions. no discussion, no friction. and yes, tell her you are watching her computer use. if she abuses it in ANY way, get her off of it.
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Key strokers are a little harsh I think. I would just keep the computer in a central location, like near the kitchen. Google Frontline and look for a documentary called "Growing up Online". You'll find a lot of great info there.