Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Daddy Dolls & Flat Daddies

1. Senior Member

Daddy Dolls & Flat Daddies

Advertisements
    I was wondering if anyone had either one of these and your thoughts/opinions on them. My hubby is going on deployment later this year and I am trying to figure out which I want to get.
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FCWifey05 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had either one of these and your thoughts/opinions on them. My hubby is going on deployment later this year and I am trying to figure out which I want to get.
    DD has a Remember Me Pillow from Ste9 on this site, it's the same concept of the Daddy Doll. She really likes it. She sleeps with it every night. I will get a picture of her with it.
  3. Senior Member
    DD with her Remember Me Pillow. These are much MUCH cheaper then the "official" Daddy Doll.

4. Senior Member
    We have both.. my kids are a bit older and they prefered the flat daddy. They rarely used thier daddy dolls.
    But the flat daddy got lots of use out it and was quite the conversation piece..lol
  5. Senior Member
    We have a Daddy Doll and LOVE it. DD loves to snuggle with it when she sleeps. We've had it since she was 15 months. This thing is durable! I have the one wiht the voice recorder which is great. I'm a huge fan of Daddy Dolls (particularly since the company is owned by military spouses and they only employ military affiliated people). I don't think $35 is too much to ask for a custom made doll where they do all the background editing for the picture, create the doll, and give you a voice recorder. If I'd got a cheaper one, I bet I'd be on my second by now. I like that it is so durable. Makes it consistant for DD. No peeling faces, etc.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Is a Daddy doll the same as a military Build A Bear? If so, my son is 14 months and he has no interest in it. He actually is kind of abusive to it, but I think he's just too young.
  7. Life is good.
    Life is good.
    My friend got a flat daddy for her kids. It was life sized and super cool.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Nevermind, I just googled it.
  9. ahf
    I survived deployment #5!!
    I survived deployment #5!!
    We had the flat daddy and it was great! My DD loved it and it went with us pretty much everywhere in the house. He "sat" at the dinner table with us, or he "watched" tv, and he was even at the hospital when I had DS.
    Jag längtar hem.....
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Huggee Miss You Dolls

When my husband deployed when our son was 1.5, I didn't know what I would tell him, or how I would explain his fathers absence. We dealt the best we knew how, with the support of our friends and family. He just missed his fathers comfort and voice. There's only so much you can do for a child in that situation.

I wish I would have known about HUGGEE MISS YOU dolls back then. They're DOLLS are 12” plush doll with a place for you to put a picture of your loved one. So it's daddy's face on a doll! They also have recordable ones! You can record over the phone or over the computer and send it to the company. The sound quality is quite remarkable. This doll actually has out stretched arms, so it's like getting a little hug from your loved one!

You can see the dolls here at The Huggee Miss You Doll by Hugs To Go

You can only do so much in that situation, but I do know that I will NEVER go through another deployment without one! I think they're too cute to keep to myself!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast