Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: 4 year old acting out

1. Regular Member

4 year old acting out

Advertisements
    My db has been deployed since December (he has a short deployment). He will be back in Febuary. Still ever since he has left I feel like my son has been acting out. We have a calendar and we countdown the days till dad will be home, but it seems to work for an hour. Any advice?
    no advice, ill prob be in your boat here in a few short weeks when Dh leaves, only x5 not lookin forward to it
  3. Member
    i really wish i could help you. in fact i am going through the same thing but DH has not even left yet. and he will gone for atleast 13 months. DS is 8 but his grandfather was deployed when he was 3. he acted out by not using the potty and saying no and that sort of thing. if you think its too bad you may want to seek someone for your child to sit and and talk to. besides you. i know that sounds terrible, but sometimes its easier for kids to open up to people other then their parents. there has to be something setting your child off this time. and until you can figure out what it is, its hard to do anything for them. Good Luck PM me if you need to.
  4. Regular Member
    Thanks for the support. I think I might have a friend of my db talk to my son, my son looks up to him. I am so happy I found you ladies!