Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Two Kids

1. CoastGuardWifey2

Two Kids

Advertisements
    Okay. DH is deploying beginning of next year. We have a five year old. Also I am pregnant and due in July. Baby will finally see him when it is about 9 to 10 months old. Our daughter who is five always thinks he is leaving us. I got her a pillow and im getting her a hero pack. I also want to get daddy dolls for both of them. Now what else can I do for baby on the way and Lynn to remember him?
  2. Veteran's Wife <---- this makes me sound so old! :(
    Veteran's Wife <---- this makes me sound so old! :(
    Quote Originally Posted by CoastGuardWifey2 View Post
    Okay. DH is deploying beginning of next year. We have a five year old. Also I am pregnant and due in July. Baby will finally see him when it is about 9 to 10 months old. Our daughter who is five always thinks he is leaving us. I got her a pillow and im getting her a hero pack. I also want to get daddy dolls for both of them. Now what else can I do for baby on the way and Lynn to remember him?
    I filmed my hubby reading bedtime stories. I plan to watch one a night with my little girl. He also tells her goodnight in a special way at the end of each book.... so it helps her know that Daddy still loves her and she also remembers his face. Good Luck!
    Our perfectly, not perfect, family!
  3. bailliesbags
    Quote Originally Posted by CoastGuardWifey2 View Post
    Pillow case for your older one, blanket with pics for the baby, I do the little photo albums up for the kids to carry dads pics around in. Build a bear and have him record his voice and put that in one of the bears.
  4. Senior Member
    Josh made the kids animals from build a bear and used the record your own thing in it and both of them say something special from daddy.
  5. Member
    I am in the same situation as you. My DH and I have a 2 1/2 year old and a now 9 month old. I was 6 1/2 months pregnant when my dh left. My advice is to have your dh make videos for your kids and also what worked for my kids is if your dh has internet access while deployed get on webcam and involve your kids. It has really helped my babies. Good luck with everything