Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Phone call breakdown

1. Member

Phone call breakdown

Advertisements
    My 6 month old daughter broke my heart this afternoon. Her daddy called today and I put him on speakerphone. As soon as she heard his voice she looked at the cell phone and burst into tears. Everytime he would try to comfort her with his voice she would start crying hysterically. As soon as I took him off speaker, she was fine. What amazes me is that when I play the dvd he sent from the USO where he is reading to her, she is ok. In fact she gets really excited and bounces up and down and laughs. When the dvd turns off, she gets a little upset, but nothing like today! I know she recognizes him, but I think she gets confused when she can hear his voice but not see him. Has anyone else had anything similar to this happen?
  2. Senior Member
    My son is 2 and my husband has been gone for a few weeks training. Every night when I try to put him to sleep he gives me such a hard time and literally SCREAMS for daddy. When my husband calls, he is usally ok, and will talk to him for a few minutes.When he has to hang up with us hes in tears for atleast 15 minutes! It breaks my heart It makes me feel awful!
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    No, but im sure everything will be fine. Children often have a little problems at first adapting to new things (as adults do). Small children often rely on visuals to relate to sound in association..im sure once she gets used to it, she will be fine :-).
  4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiff24 View Post
    No, but im sure everything will be fine. Children often have a little problems at first adapting to new things (as adults do). Small children often rely on visuals to relate to sound in association..im sure once she gets used to it, she will be fine :-).

Thanks, but I know she will be ok. I wasn't really worried about it just felt bad for her and even more so for her dad who was upset that he made her cry. I know it bothers us more then her.