Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Gone for training, and problems every time

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Gone for training, and problems every time

Advertisements
    EVERY time DH leaves for training (he leaves for 2, 3 weeks or a month at a time) DS acts out. He refuses to use the potty, pees and poops his pants all day long every day, and acts out in general to me, refusing to do what I say. He'll do this for about 4-5 days after DH leaves, every time he leaves. DH is gone more than he's home, so this is quite often. And I just don't know what to do! DS just started daycare, and now he's peeing his pants all day long at daycare, and they're complaining, and I don't know what to do about it. What should I tell Wade? I tell him daddy's coming home in 3 weeks, or a month, or whatever, but of course he doesn't get it (he's only 3). He doesn't understand when that is. He just understands that daddy's gone again and he's pissed so he's going to act out again. Any advice?
    Aubrey

RIP Jeremy 3/17/78 - 1/16/09
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Ugh, I am so sorry. My kids have gone through that during times when they've had to deal with a lot of change (new baby, moving, jason leaving, etc) and it's definitely rough. I don't have any real advice for you because I'm sure you've done pretty much all that you can do. Kids just have a hard time with coping sometimes and as frustrating as it is for them, it's equally frustrating for us
  3. Senior Member
    Have you tried having your husband talk to him about his behavior? Sometimes when my kids act badly John willl talk to them and it usually clears up the problem.
  4. Member
    I have not tried this before but a friend of mine did and it really seemed to help. At the time her DH was deployed, they didn't get the meaning of time.. so what she did was take 3 weeks of M&M's for each kid and each day they ate one. So they could acutally see how long till there daddy came home. I thought it was a great idea. Thought about doing it for my son but i don't like the idea of putting 400 M&M's in a bowl for a year...lol GOOD LUCK!!!