Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Will my 4 month old remember daddy?

  1. Renee15
    Guest
    Renee15's Avatar
    Guest
    #1

    Will my 4 month old remember daddy?

    Advertisements
    Has anyone been through a deployment with a small baby? My DH just left & I'm worried my 4 month old won't remember him or worse be afraid of him when he comes home.
  2. >.< *face palm* >.<
    Rainbow Brite's Avatar
    Rainbow Brite is offline
    >.< *face palm* >.<
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    31,344


    #2
    Get him a daddy doll. That way he sees his image every day.
  3. >.< *face palm* >.<
    Rainbow Brite's Avatar
    Rainbow Brite is offline
    >.< *face palm* >.<
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    31,344


  4. Happy wife...happy life!
    Victoria's Avatar
    Victoria is offline
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    38,347
    #4
    Are you showing pics of Daddy to your baby on a daily basis?! Did your DH leave recorded messages for the baby before he deployed?! Your baby won't forget about Daddy, as long as you make sure to keep referencing to Daddy's photos, voices, etc.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Tiffy's Avatar
    Tiffy is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5,802
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Are you showing pics of Daddy to your baby on a daily basis?! Did your DH leave recorded messages for the baby before he deployed?! Your baby won't forget about Daddy, as long as you make sure to keep referencing to Daddy's photos, voices, etc.

    These are great ideas!
    ★RagaBabe Cloth Diapers Grand Opening www.ragababe.com
  6. Happy wife...happy life!
    Victoria's Avatar
    Victoria is offline
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    38,347
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyTheSeaKnows View Post
    These are great ideas!



    When my husband wasn't around, I'd make my DH's photo my desktop background. That way my son could see it every time I got on the computer...which was on a daily basis.
  7. Banned
    *Cassie*'s Avatar
    *Cassie* is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11,368
    #7
    I cant afford the daddy doll stuff and build a bear so i will tell you what i did. anytime the kids are up (ages 2 and 14 months) and daddy is on webcam, I let them see him. Noah, the oldest, knows who daddy is and asks him all the time when he is coming home. but the 14 month old isaac, only saw his daddy twice before he was 6 months. So he has been worked with alot. everyday we go to the pic of DH in isaac's room and i say, "look, there's daddy. see daddy? he is cominghome real soon. put your hand on daddy." I use to then place isaac's hand on him and now he just does it. anytime they are awake when DH calls, i let them talk to him. so he knows daddy's voice and even says, dada when he hears scott. its not hard to let them know who daddy is, just make it a part of your daily routine.
  8. Happy wife...happy life!
    Victoria's Avatar
    Victoria is offline
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    38,347
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassaundra View Post
    I cant afford the daddy doll stuff and build a bear so i will tell you what i did. anytime the kids are up (ages 2 and 14 months) and daddy is on webcam, I let them see him. Noah, the oldest, knows who daddy is and asks him all the time when he is coming home. but the 14 month old isaac, only saw his daddy twice before he was 6 months. So he has been worked with alot. everyday we go to the pic of DH in isaac's room and i say, "look, there's daddy. see daddy? he is cominghome real soon. put your hand on daddy." I use to then place isaac's hand on him and now he just does it. anytime they are awake when DH calls, i let them talk to him. so he knows daddy's voice and even says, dada when he hears scott. its not hard to let them know who daddy is, just make it a part of your daily routine.



    I do that with my parents! We haven't seen my parents since Thanksgiving and Ethan points to Papa and Lola's pictures on the wall when asked on a daily basis. He recognizes their voices on the phone. If a child can stay familiar with grandparents, it's almost easier when it's Daddy!!!
  9. Renee15
    Guest
    Renee15's Avatar
    Guest
    #9
    Thanks those are great ideas, I do have a build a bear with his voice in it , and he talks to him over the phone, but it breaks my heart when he hears his voice and then looks around to see where he is.
  10. Senior Member
    Pinkyblnd's Avatar
    Pinkyblnd is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    552
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Renee15 View Post
    Thanks those are great ideas, I do have a build a bear with his voice in it , and he talks to him over the phone, but it breaks my heart when he hears his voice and then looks around to see where he is.
    ugggh I know that feeling... my husband left when I was 6 months pregnant... and then he came home for leave when she was born but then had to go back... so she only saw him the first week of her life... and she hears him on the phone and looks for him all the time... I am in the same boat honey!... I do the picture thing too and he makes videos on his camera and sends them to me on a flashdrive to play for her... make sure you hold the picture of daddy up when he is talking to the kids on the phone too... it helps... I hope she knows her daddy when he comes home... he is so scared she is going to cry when he comes home and not like him... so sad! Good luck to you! Hope it works out! PM me if you ever need anything...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •