Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who do I contact for counseling

1. bailliesbags

who do I contact for counseling

Advertisements
    for my son on a Army post. The anger and fits are just not working for me and I need to find someone who can help us help him project his feeling in other ways.

Thanks in Advance
  2. aim_snap_fall
    Quote Originally Posted by bailliesbags View Post
    for my son on a Army post. The anger and fits are just not working for me and I need to find someone who can help us help him project his feeling in other ways.

Thanks in Advance
    I'm wondering the same thing, I think my hubby really needs it I'm sorry I can't help you though, I hope someone can here. Good luck, take care
  3. Senior Member
    I believe the Army Community Center can help (I think I got the name right). They should have a counselling section where your son can meet with a professional child counsellor who should be able to help. If yours doesn't have that, they will be able to tell you who can. Alternatively, medical can help. And also Military OneSource has counsellors available 24/7 but you're limited to 6 sessions through them (via phone) so getting something in person would probably be better.
  4. Rachel81
    did you try militaryonesource? When my husband came home injured I was having a rough time with stress. I called military one source and they did all of the work for me. They set up an apt off post with a counselor and it was absolutly free and confidental! You should def look into it! It helped a lot!
  5. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    militaryonesource is a good start.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Call Military OneSource, ACS, or the chaplain. Any of them will direct you to the proper place.
  7. mil2mil
    There should be the equivalent of a family readiness/support center on post who have tons of counseling services for kids and for parents (believe me, parents need it too!). In the AF we have a deployed spouse support group to help folks through deployments. Realize that what you and your son are going through are normal reactions to separations and that so many are experiencing the same thing.....and surviving it.
  8. bailliesbags
    thank you. I know it is totally normal, but I need to know how to help him work thru it.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    If anything, just find a child therapist in the civilian community that takes tricare and make an appt. Then call tricare and let them know and you are good to go.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast