Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: My DH just left and My kids are showing it what do I do?

1. Member

My DH just left and My kids are showing it what do I do?

Advertisements
    Well my girls are 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 and daddy just left for a 7 month deployment, they dont always show that they miss him but my oldest beats up on my youngest a lot more, and also the youngest cries alot more, she was always daddys baby, am i not spending enough time with them that they are acting like this and what do i do about the way they are acting?
  2. Regular Member
    I don't think you're not spending enough time with them. Because the first couple of months for my 2 1/2 (she's now 3) started acting out a lot. He's been gone for about three months now, and she being an only child tends to yell at the dogs. I think your girls are trying to express that they miss their dad, they just can't explain it to you. The only thing that calms my DD is when I show her a video that DH made for her or when he calls when she's not upset at him.

I've also heard from other moms that sometimes the kids are upset with the parent that deployed because they don't fully understand. I know half the time DH has called me, DD has not wanted to talk to him and tells him to go away. Basically, i think your girls are trying to express their feelings the way they know how to.

Hope this all made sense!
  3. Love Simply, Simply love
    Love Simply, Simply love
    Maybe they aren't understanding..
    They have a link in here somewhere about Seasme street where Elmos dad goes over seas..It may help.

If you want someone to talk to- feel free to message me.
    ...Done....
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    i don't have kids but i hear the daddy doll is helpful. google it!
  5. Senior Member
    I have a 3 1/2 dd and 1 1/2 dd, they miss their daddy alot! He is just at AIT right now, but has been gone from home since early April. Our oldest daughter is acting out alot right now, she is mean to her sister. They both like to carry a photo of their daddy around and this seems to help. we also video taped him reading stories to them before he left for basic, those help some. We do have the Elmo DVD, but I really haven't found that to be helpful at all. I wish I could be of some help to you!

"I love you more than I can say, I can't even fathom the words" - DH
  6. Rachel81
    awwww. I can't really say anything that anyone else hasn't said. My son was very young when my husband left the second time (the first he wasn't even born). I was just thankful that he was so young. I have watched my friends go threw it tho and its a daily process.. They will get better tho.