Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My poor boy

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

My poor boy

Advertisements
    Man.

I noticed a pattern with my 3yr old. Everytime he would talk to daddy he'd act out. Well I think last night really affected him for some reason. He wouldnt go to bed. Said he was scared. Said he didnt want me to leave him. I left him in his room and he screamed mama please come back dont leave me over and over and over again. I finally went in there and he curled in a ball on my lap whimpering.

I took him into my bed because I was so tired and he slept pretty much on me. When I tried to move him he'd wake and say STOP! Please dont leave me. And I would ask him to scoot over and he'd cry and say he didnt wanna fall off my bed. My heart was breaking.

I think from now on I wont let him talk to daddy. The deployment is winding down so I think maybe it might be better if he doesnt. Yesterday really affected him and he has NEVER acted like that before that bad and thats the only thing different about yesterday was daddy called
  2. Senior Member
    Awww poor little guy! That is so sad.
  3. Senior Member
    Aww....I hope He Feels Better.
  4. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    Poor E I'm sorry Kristi, that sounds absolutely heartbreaking.
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    It was heartbreaking. It tore my heart in 2. I dont normally let him sleep with me unless he is throwing up, really really sick etc. But I didnt know what else to do and he was in such hysterics. His normal bedtime is 730-8 and he didnt fall asleep until darn near 10pm in my bed.

I really think its been long enough that the deployment is affecting him. He can see daddys pics, talk to daddy but he cant physically see him and although I have explained he is at work on a ship in the sea he doesnt fully comprehend that
  6. Senior Member
    I'm sorry....it sounds like it's just been super long for him, he doesn't know how to process it anymore. My kids have night's like that every once in a while. We usually make sure to make a card/picture for Daddy or something to send him to tell him how they feel. At 3 that mght just be a lot of hard scribbles on paper but it lets them put their emotions somewhere. I'm sorry, hope he feels better soon.
  7. Senior Member
    Poor little Ethan... It sounds like you're handling everything okay though, right? Maybe not letting them talk is prolly best..
  8. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    I wouldn't let him either. It is so hard sometimes. Hang in there girl we are almost done with this one.
  9. Senior Member
    I am so sorry that he is having a hard time. My DS is doing the same thing. I hope that it gets better soon. Oh, also on a side note, I really enjoyed meeting you in person.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    I can't imagine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast