Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: post-partum depression or normal?

1. em2005

Confused post-partum depression or normal?

Advertisements
    Well, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes: DH deployed a week after our son was born. He is now about 6 wks. old and I'm feeling completely overwhelmed. It's OK when he's sleeping or when we're night feeding because I know he'll go right back to sleep. But when he's awake and aware for a couple hours, I don't know what to do. I play with him for about 20 min. and then I'm like, "OK, this is boring." And I don't know what to do with him while he's awake. What do you do with your newborn? I just wish DH would walk in the door around 5 or 6 pm to help me out!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    it could be a bit of both.
    i had PPD with both my kids though and you may be having some of those symtoms.
    you should make an appt with your dr though
    it will get better hun i promise
    DD was 6 weeks old when DH left
    feel free to pm me anytime
  3. Senior Member
    Honestly it sounds like a little of both... next time you take the little one in for a check up talk to the doctor, or if it gets too overwhelming call your doctor and they will be able to help!
  4. Senior Member
    I think I felt the same way for a little while... I would get bored easily until I found things to do with her that made me interested to. I used to walk around the mall a lot just to get out and see different people. And DD loved to be in the stroller being pushed around! Wouldn't you? That helped me a lot. I also started going to a play group for kids her age when she was just an infant, even joined gymnastics with her and they put the kids on the ground and do certain exercises with them! It was great, and great to get out of the house, not to mention it didn't cost much at all.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Where are you? The base or town or wherever you are should have a parent support program.
  6. Senior Member
    i feel the same way, except my dh is here and still doesnt help

No one is guaranteed happiness. You can pursue it, but if you happen to find success along the way on that road to happiness, Conservatives believe you should not be demonized or penalized for it.
    Glenn Beck