Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What do you tell them?

1. Senior Member

What do you tell them?

Advertisements
    Db and I lived with his brother, SIL, and nieces up until the day he left and I moved out a few days later. It's been a month since then and today is going to be the first time I seen them since I moved out and I know they are going to ask where he is, but they are only 3 and 5 so they don't get what is going on in the world, nor do I want to try and explain it to them. So what are some of your suggestions?

God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change,
    courage to change the things I can,
    and wisdom to know the difference.
    TK
    You could tell them that he is at work. I do that with my 6 y/o. She knows that daddy is working and can't come home. I pull out the globe and show her where we are and about where daddy is. I definitely don't go into details with her.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peatys girl View Post
    You could tell them that he is at work. I do that with my 6 y/o. She knows that daddy is working and can't come home. I pull out the globe and show her where we are and about where daddy is. I definitely don't go into details with her.
    That's what I do with my daughter and she's 3.
  4. armywife4life
    I do the same thing. I have told our 3 yo daughter that Daddy is at work for a long time and can't come home because he has to stay a while and keep all of us here at home safe. She is so proud of him and tells everyone that. I tell her where he is and show her on the globe but they still dont really understand. They just get that it is far away.