Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So upset with a teacher at son's school today!

1. Senior Member

Mad So upset with a teacher at son's school today!

Advertisements
    The day started off shacky for my 7 year old son. He was crying this a.m. and didn't wantt to go in school. The v.p. came and helped which was great. I got a call later that day that my son had requested I be called to tell me he was sad and missed me. He had essentially cried his whole time in class. The counselor agreed to call me, with the deal that he would go into his classroom, and used the time to disucss helping him in general. She was great, but I'll wait and see if she follows through with her promises as I've learned the hard way the lip service is cheap.

So, when I went to pick up my son from school, there was an older woman waiting with my son and his teacher. No, "hello," or that, just, "your son had a bad day. He needs to learn how to behave in class." I was stunned and asked her if she knew what my son was going through right now and she quickly said yes! I told her it was very inappropriate to discuss this in front of my son who was right next to me. I told her she was insensitive and I would not be talking about this with her in front of my child.

FF to now and I'm still fuming. I'm going to go in to see the principal tomorrow and I want to know how far to go. My instinct is to want to rip some heads open. Fwiw, my hubby just left last weekend and this is the kid's first week without their dad. It's not like this has dragged out and my son is a monster!! This woman disgusts me. I'm wondering if she's an anti-war type and is taking it out on my son, or if she's simply a mean bitch that needs to be put in her place?

Your input would be very much appreciated as I plan to confront all tomorrow a.m. when I take my son to school.

Laura
    Last edited by Sk8ergirl; 01-24-2008 at 08:05 PM. Reason: forgot something
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I am studying to be a teacher and professionalism is something that we stress strongly! In no way would I EVER have the conversation in public much less with the child there. I would be very sensitive to the fact that his dad just left and he is sad. I would work with him by having him draw pictures of his dad and make a book with those pictures and real pictures that he can look at when he gets sad. (you might want to try this at home) Also I would make it very clear tomorrow that since she is a teacher and has a professional title she needs to act like she has one.
    WATCH WHAT YOU POST. REMEMBER OPSEC AND PERSEC. YOU NEVER KNOW WHO IS WATCHING![/SIZE]
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    You need to make sure that everything you said about how you feel in your post is said to the principal.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I am a student teacher and this makes me want to smack that woman. Who does that?!?
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I would be PIIISSSED too!!
    i definitely think this teacher needs to be reported... regardless of WHY she said and did what she said/did, she should NOT have. PERIOD.

and i also think that, due to your sons young age, a therapist might be helpful. i dont know your financial situation but if you can afford a therapist.. or find a cheap to free one... even just once a week.. or every two weeks, it would be beneficial to him.

I went through some traumatic times at his age and i know the therapist my mom took me to helped me a LOT. make sure (if you do do this) that it is someone who specializes in children... and preferably in situations similar to your own.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

what a horrible woman..she needs to be reported
  7. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    What is fwiw?
  8. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    I would be FUMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Wow, I don't have kids, but that's terrible!
  10. Senior Member
    You have every right to be pissed and rip off some heads tomorrow.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast