Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: my man is leaving and i dont know what to do

1. Regular Member

my man is leaving and i dont know what to do

Advertisements
    i am 15 weeks pregnant and i have a 3 year old son and
    my husband is leaving for 6-8 months i dont know what to do if something happens to me or the new baby being home alone and my family is like 2hrs away dose any one have any advise on this topic? i could really use the help cause i am so confused about what to do if i should go home or stay were i trust my doctors. and how to handle two kids after having a baby and how difficult it really is? the TRUTH PLEASE.
  2. I'm Only A Little Crazy
    I'm Only A Little Crazy
    Everything is what you make of it. Sure it's hard but as I'm sure you know being a parent is hard even when both parents are there. You have to do what's best for you, if you feel better being with your family then do so but doing it by yourself is doable. You can do anything you put your mind to And we're all here if you need support!

ETA that is all assuming you are having a pretty easy pregnancy. 2 hours isn't that far if you needed your family they could get to you fairly quickly!
  3. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

Quote Originally Posted by crystal grinolds View Post
    i am 15 weeks pregnant and i have a 3 year old son and
    my husband is leaving for 6-8 months i dont know what to do if something happens to me or the new baby being home alone and my family is like 2hrs away dose any one have any advise on this topic? i could really use the help cause i am so confused about what to do if i should go home or stay were i trust my doctors. and how to handle two kids after having a baby and how difficult it really is? the TRUTH PLEASE.

When is your husband leaving? Before the baby is born? Since your family is only 2 hours away (that's really not that far) maybe you could discuss with them to be available when you go into labor to come and stay for a week or two? Then work on finding a sitter/trusted friend to have on standby when you do go into labor...or maybe send your son to the family right around your due date?
    I think staying at home is the better option 1) you know your dr's 2) it maintains a routine for your son 3) when the baby arrives it will feel more normal for your son.
    Two children...it is tough but do-able. Your son will then be almost 4 and can become a great helper with bottles, diapers ect....I wouldn't get so overwhelmed with all of it. If you break it down to what you need to do and work on it then it will all seem managable.
    Keep us posted!
  4. Regular Member
    YES MY HUSBAND LEAVES SEVERAL MONTHS BEFORE I AM DUE I WILL BE 5 MONTHS TO 6 MONTHS WHEN HE LEAVES THANKS FOR REPLING I DID NOT THINK OF THAT BEFORE.
  5. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    2 hours is REALLY close...IMO!
    Good luck and I really hope your family is able to help you out when you need it.
  6. Lacie
    Hey sweetie. I will try and help you when ever you need it all you have to do is call.
  7. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

I'm sorry to hear that :o( If i were you- id just have my family come and stay (or someone) when its close to your due date.