Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: how to let a 2yr old deal????

1. Proud Army Wife and Momma !
    Proud Army Wife and Momma !

Nutts how to let a 2yr old deal????

Advertisements
    My Dh isn't deployed but he is gone to bct/ait and will be for like 6 months. I have a DS 2 1/2 and a DD 1yr. They are both doing okay but after 2 wks of daddy not being around my son is really missing him. I keep telling him Daddy is in the Army (he likes that word) and He'll me home soon but he keeps kind of arguing with me saying NOPE!!!!! HOME!!!!! I let them color pictures for daddy and we kiss and hug his photo everydady multiple x's a day but they just dont understand, I've shown them on maps and everything I can think of. My DH's phone calls aren't long enough to let my son talk so any suggestionss for a child this young?

Also I really want to take them to his Grad in March but me taking a 2 yr and 1 yr old alone is crazy not to mention I will be 8 months preggo by then. But I know they really need to see him. What should I do ?????????
    -Joni

2. Banned
    Banned
    Unfortunately your kids will just have a hard time with it no matter what. Sounds like you're doing some good things already with the photo and x's on a calendar.

One thing that has helped my son since he was 1 is the Talk, Listen, Connect DVD from militaryonesource.com (just go on there and search for it). It features Elmo and his daddy deploys. Tandis watches it once a day, and he can watch it more often if he wants to or needs to.

Once your DH is in AIT things will be easier because you can let them talk on the phone or webcam at least. You can look for a Daddy Doll, as well. A lot of women on here swear by them. I want to get one for my son too. Keep your son busy with activities like making bracelets for Daddy, drawing pictures for Daddy, and collecting leaves or something else for Daddy. Let him help you make cookies for daddy and things like that.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKOSWIFEY View Post
    Unfortunately your kids will just have a hard time with it no matter what. Sounds like you're doing some good things already with the photo and x's on a calendar.

One thing that has helped my son since he was 1 is the Talk, Listen, Connect DVD from militaryonesource.com (just go on there and search for it). It features Elmo and his daddy deploys. Tandis watches it once a day, and he can watch it more often if he wants to or needs to.

Once your DH is in AIT things will be easier because you can let them talk on the phone or webcam at least. You can look for a Daddy Doll, as well. A lot of women on here swear by them. I want to get one for my son too. Keep your son busy with activities like making bracelets for Daddy, drawing pictures for Daddy, and collecting leaves or something else for Daddy. Let him help you make cookies for daddy and things like that.
    Totally Agree!
    we are finishing BCT this next week...what helped was my kids sat with me every day and wrote daddy a letter(scribbles)...i have also gone online and searched for military videos...my DS loves airplanes, so we look at military airplanes, my kids say that daddy is at school! i have step son 13, DD 7, DD 5 & DS 3...i keep them busy at the park, writting letters and watching Elmo!

If you are preggo and want to go to BCT graduation, i suggest you start looking for a friend to help you on the trip...if you need anything else, just send a PM!
  4. Regular Member
    i got my son a video about deployments its elmo and friends now he knida understands we also made pop up books about him leaving on a boat and that no matter what daddys coming home it is just going to take a while we also are going to go to build-a-bear so he can make a bear with daddy and he can record his voice saying bed time prayers so he can still hear him every night or make a video for your child of your husband and play it every night or day for him/her it helped my son so much i hope this was of some help to u