Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i get it i do..

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Bang Head i get it i do..

Advertisements
    i get that you miss daddy little boy i really do. but if your attitude doesn't shape up or i hear the word stinkin' out of your mouth one more time i might cut out your tongue!! urgh sorry my 10 year old is pushing my buttons and when i go to tell him what i expect i hear well Dad would say this or that! well dad isn't here right now so you gotta suck it up and deal with me!
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    OH my goodness...I can see why you are rather frustrated by this...has daddy had a conversation with him about it via phone?
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    on monday when he called he talked to him about it but he actually rolled his eyes mid lecture! i was like OMG i am selling you on the black market! i was telling my friend he was SUCH a great baby and toddler and child now he is a preteen 10 years of goodness really can't last forever we knew it would bad at some point LMAO i know he is pushing my buttons and he does it for a reaction and lately 9 times out of 10 he is getting it i will not ignore bad behavior. his grades have dropped drastically since Daddy left, Daddy can't call often but e mails ethan weekly sometimes more than once a week and calls every chance he gets and every time he calls he gets to talk to them even if its just a few minutes. OH boarding schools now i know why they were created! my kids know the rules don't change cause Dad is gone, sure are allowed to off days, i know i am why can't they i don't expect them to be perfect but i expect and demand respect from them dad home or not!
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Good For You (-8 A Strong woman you are to keep things the same even though you are both mom and dad in a physical aspect at the moment.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    we had a nice talk tonight, me and the boy, he said some days he doesn't feel like he knows where mom is i said well somedays i don't know where Ethan is how about we both work on finding each other. it was really sweet, but getting that boy to sit still and do his homework makes me want to poke burning hot needles in my eyes. we will get through this deployment its just going to be a matter of who if he is in a body cast or i am in a straight jacket by the end of it! he is so smart he is in the gifted program at school and he used to love it but the work is getting harder as he is getting older and he is getting lazy and wants to skip through parts. i still check it and he has learned to lie. urgh now i knew it would happen i just wasn't prepared for it so soon.. but he has an amazing teacher who i communicate with to stay on top of him so he doesn't get lost in the deployment shuffle and i refuse to be one of those parents that says well dad is gone.. not an excuse for you not to be reading a book or doing your homework. that is just me though lol
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    HaHa
    Thats so sweet that ou two could sit down and communicate. Communication is always key to any relationship and I am sure he appreciates having a mom who cares enough to pay attention to it. I see alot of moms who become to wrapped up in their own emotions that they forget about thier children and then they fall off the deep end
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    i try there are days OH he has his days i am by far not the best mom int he world and i know i could be better and working on ways to improve my parenting skills. but no joke if i hear stinkin' one more time i am getting a scapel and the tongue is mine. everything is stinkin' thats stinkin' stupid or that stinkin' game i know it could be way worse and he could be talking way worse but find a new damn word!! its overkill buddy overkill!!
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Taressa View Post
    i get that you miss daddy little boy i really do. but if your attitude doesn't shape up or i hear the word stinkin' out of your mouth one more time i might cut out your tongue!! urgh sorry my 10 year old is pushing my buttons and when i go to tell him what i expect i hear well Dad would say this or that! well dad isn't here right now so you gotta suck it up and deal with me!
    Mine 10 year old is a girl...same thing! I feel for you.
    DH is home!
  10. Senior Member
    Our son will be turning 10 soon after DH deploys. This age is so emotional, major practice for the teenage years I'm afraid!
    I feel for you!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast