Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: We want to surprise DD not sure if its a good idea.

1. ilovemickeymost

We want to surprise DD not sure if its a good idea.

Advertisements
    DH will be coming home for 15 days leave soon from Iraq. We told 13 yo DD, he'd be home about 10 days later than actual date. We want to surprise her at school. I've already talked to the school & gotten permission. Her teacher will either say they have a guest speaker & he'll come in or we'll do it in the cafeteria. The whole reason behind this is for her to feel like we did something special just for her. We have a 2yo son that takes up a lot of my time. Her real Dad is having a new baby & isn't paying much attention to her right now. And DH doesn't email her as much as he should, but is getting better. But, I'm having 2nd thoughts. I don't want her to not have time to prepare herself emotionally for his homecoming & I don't want to take away the going to the airport anticipation from her. Also, I don't want her to be embarrased b/c I'm sure she'll cry & it will be infront of everyone. Please help. I need to see this from her view point. So, if you have teens could you ask them how they would feel? Thanks in advance for the advice.
  2. Senior Member
    I don't have teens yet. But I think it is a great idea to surprise her. Does she go to a school where there are other military kids. If she does I am sure they will all understand why she is so emotional. Even if she doesn't the kids are old enough to know I am sure where he has been and why she is so happy to see him. I would do it!
  3. Senior Member
    I think it'd be a cute surprise! I plan on surprising my DD at school and she's only 6. We're just going to have dh pick her up from school though
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

i don't have teens, but my first thought when reading your post & her age, was, gah! she might be embarrassed.

i'd say, you know your daughter best...go on that, & maybe ask her teachers what they think.
  5. Senior Member
    I have a 13yo daughter and I think it's a FANTASTIC idea!!
  6. ilovemickeymost
    Quote Originally Posted by USCGBoxerMom View Post
    I have a 13yo daughter and I think it's a FANTASTIC idea!!
    Would you mind asking her what she thinks?
  7. *Mrs. Bonney*
    *Mrs. Bonney*
    I think its an awesome idea!!
  8. Senior Member
    I think it's a really cute idea, but at the same time I would worry a little about the embarrassment factor. Mainly because I *hate* showing emotions in public, lol, so if she's the same way she may be a tiny bit embarrassed.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  9. Lefty80
    DD is only 13 months but I think it would be a cute idea! I think she would love showing off her dad!
  10. Senior Member
    I think it's a great idea. I don't really think she'd be too embarrassed, but like stated before you know her best.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast