Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Coffee makers?

1. Senior Member

Coffee makers?

Advertisements
    DB wants a coffee maker for christmas and I know nothing about coffee makers. (I don't drink coffee) He needs an inexpensive, easy to use, small serving coffee maker. He takes about one travel mug to work each morning so it needs to brew about 14oz. I also have to ship it to him and am afraid if I just buy one and it is no good he won't be able to mail it back to me in time so I can return it. So any suggestions on good coffee makers? I have thought about a Keurig but it is very expensive for the K-cups and for the brewer itself but are the Keurigs worth it?
  2. Senior Member
    I have a Keurig and love it! I gave up coffee a while back, but before that, I used it every single day. It was SO convenient to just pop in my K cup that I wanted and get coffee in just a couple minutes, without having to waste any. It's also really nice to have for when family visits and people want different kinds of coffee. Several people in my family have one and they all love theirs. You may be able to find a deal on one with some of the sales going on!
  3. Senior Member
    How about just a one cup coffee maker? You can get them just about anywhere. I'd personally look at Tuesday Mornings or Marshalls, and if there aren't any there than just get one from Target.

Is he deployed? If he is, then those are inexpensive enough that it won't be a huge loss if it breaks, and he could just not bring it home if he has no room.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  4. Banned
    Banned
    I have a Keurig and loooove it!! However, it's not inexpensive, but completely worth it!
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    We have a tassimo and a keurig. for coffee only, I'd go with a basic keurig. simple as simple has, and cheap overall.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  6. Senior Member
    He is based in England for the next two years and I know he will most likely break the coffee maker at some point.
  7. Senior Member
    It's pretty hard to go wrong with a simple coffee maker, but I would make darn sure it has an auto-off function so he doesn't burn the house down!
  8. Senior Member
    I'm personally not a fan of Keurigs because of the cost and waste associated with them. I still say go with a one cup coffee maker.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  9. Senior Member
    Basic Keurig and a filter so he doesn't have to buy those dreadful K cups.

I'm in love with mine, besides my mixer it's my favorite thing in my kitchen. The added filter is only about $20 and it's re-usable. I prefer it over the K cups because they are never strong enough for my taste and they're expensive.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  10. Regular Member
    Love my Keurig, but yeah not inexpensive in any way. I do havethe reusable cups that makes using it cheaper and less waste, but still. There was a neat one cup brewer at Kohls I saw that is much cheaper and functions with a metal filter it comes with and does up to 14 oz at a time. No idea how well it works, but it might be an option. This is a link for it. Bella Single Scoop Coffee Maker