Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steam Cleaner?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Question Steam Cleaner?

Advertisements
    Anyone have a steam carpet cleaner they want to rave about? I am considering getting one, cause we were planning on having Stanley Steamer come and clean the carpet, but by the time we pay for that we could almost have put the money towards a decent steam cleaner. I want one that is not too terribly difficult to use on carpeting that is safe for animals and doesnt take years for the carpet to dry. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know! TIA!!!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    anybody?
  3. Senior Member
    Walmart.com: Bissell ProHeat 2X Upright Deep Cleaner, 8920: Appliances

I have this and love it. It's very simple to use and has good attachments. We have 3 pets and 3 children and have never had a problem with chemicals being bad for either of them. I use the walmart brand stuff or the good stuff if I can catch it on sale.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    so that's a regular carpet cleaner, or a steam cleaner? Cause I've just read a bunch of reviews on that one, and now I really like it, regardless of what kind of cleaner it is. Thanks for the info, I'm gonna go look at it today in store
  5. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Airhead View Post
    Walmart.com: Bissell ProHeat 2X Upright Deep Cleaner, 8920: Appliances

I have this and love it. It's very simple to use and has good attachments. We have 3 pets and 3 children and have never had a problem with chemicals being bad for either of them. I use the walmart brand stuff or the good stuff if I can catch it on sale.
    Hey! That's the one we have too and LOVE it!
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyairmen View Post
    so that's a regular carpet cleaner, or a steam cleaner? Cause I've just read a bunch of reviews on that one, and now I really like it, regardless of what kind of cleaner it is. Thanks for the info, I'm gonna go look at it today in store
    What do you mean by steam cleaner? I ask b/c some people call carpet cleaners, steam cleaners. There is no steam involved with that one. I just put hot water in the water tank, the solution in the solution tank, turn on the heat and the power and get to cleaning. It's so simple to use and dries the carpets pretty well. Just make sure you are going over the carpets to rinse them well. My husband doesn't do this part well and my carpets feel crunchy when he does it It's a bit big and heavy but I am very pleased with it. It also goes on Sale often. I got mine at Walmart for about $150.
  7. I'm a dog person.
    I'm a dog person.
    I like the bissle proheats. ours lasted 4yrs...but we lent it to multiple people who didnt take care of it

we recently replaced it with the proheat pet one. i dig it. i've never had a problem with long dry times, usually takes less than 4 hrs and we have shag carpet (ick) lol it does a pretty good job of sucking up all the extra water. on our short rugs it takes 1-2hrs to dry.

its a little heavy to lug up the stairs but it's worth it because it does a good job of getting dirt and dog pee out of the carpets. i also like that i can take the vacuum outside and spray down the bristles and suction area with the hose if long pet hair ever gets clumped into it.
    boop boop boop boopy boop.
  8. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

I have a Bissell I bought refurbished from Ollie's for $75. I have had it for two years and use it once a month in three rooms. I love it, and have definately gotten my monies worth.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
  10. Im Awesome! :p
    Im Awesome! :p
    I had the bissell pro heat 2x, had it for about 6 months and it broke. I read the reader reviews and found out that its common for them to do that. I would always vacuum before using it and followed all recommendations, but it still stopped working. Tried taking it back to Target to exchange it, and they wont. Contacted a shop to get it fixed and it would cost the same to fix as to get a new one. They told us that the bissels are the most frequent ones they get in for repairs. I rented a rug doctor from Raleys for 25$ and that thing was awesome. I figure if I just rent it once a month, its worth it. Just read the reviews before you buy it! And if you can, try to buy a warranty with it so if it does break you can bring it to the store to fix!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast