Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frontload Washer & Dryer Opinions Anyone?

1. I'm a dog person.
    I'm a dog person.

Frontload Washer & Dryer Opinions Anyone?

Advertisements
    Searching for a new washer and dryer has been a nightmare. i want front loaders that are energy star...i cant seem to find any good reviews on any models like on amazon, etc.

What model do you have and your experience?

Thanks <3
    Last edited by polkadotted; 12-12-2009 at 07:25 PM.
    boop boop boop boopy boop.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    we have a top loader washer, i like it a lot, but its a few years old. i love the way the front loaders look, but i hear they can be a pain. i've still contemplated getting one though
  3. I'm a dog person.
    I'm a dog person.
    Quote Originally Posted by trixiekat View Post
    we have a top loader washer, i like it a lot, but its a few years old. i love the way the front loaders look, but i hear they can be a pain. i've still contemplated getting one though
    i have top loaders right now but im short and i pretty much have to go head first into the washer to get any clothes at the bottom! it's funny to watch but a pain! our dryer is crapping out and our washer as well. they're from 2003 and aren't energy efficient. its about time
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by polkadotted View Post
    i have top loaders right now but im short and i pretty much have to go head first into the washer to get any clothes at the bottom! it's funny to watch but a pain! our dryer is crapping out and our washer as well. they're from 2003 and aren't energy efficient. its about time
    I hear ya, I'm not tall myself.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    LG front load from Home Depot. About 5-600 each. I love them. They are the low end for front loader, gas models.
    The whirlpool Sports are also good, a little more expensive.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  6. Banned
    Banned
    When we were shopping for w&d last spring, I read and heard a lot of bad things about the front loading machines. I also just saw an expose about mold growing in them and how people are getting sick from their machines cause of the mold and being unable to clean them to get all the mold out. We got a top loading washer that's energy efficient, it's called a Fisher & Paykel. I guess they make a lot of medical machinery and have been around forever. We really like ours.

Here's our washer. Clothes Washers - Ecosmart WA37TG1 by Fisher & Paykel - US - Laundry Appliance

Our dryer is the same brand.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    oh geez ..if I can say one thing in this at all it would be ..if the dryer has a buzzer, make sure it has a volume or on/off switch LOL! My last dryer didn't and it would make me jump every single time it would go off
  8. I'm a dog person.
    I'm a dog person.
    Quote Originally Posted by jennypage View Post
    When we were shopping for w&d last spring, I read and heard a lot of bad things about the front loading machines. I also just saw an expose about mold growing in them and how people are getting sick from their machines cause of the mold and being unable to clean them to get all the mold out. We got a top loading washer that's energy efficient, it's called a Fisher & Paykel. I guess they make a lot of medical machinery and have been around forever. We really like ours.

Here's our washer. Clothes Washers - Ecosmart WA37TG1 by Fisher & Paykel - US - Laundry Appliance

Our dryer is the same brand.

yeah i heard about the mold thing too but evidently it has as much to do with prevention and the model. i read something about the whirlpool duets having a class action lawsuit because of it. but there are preventative measure and front load washer cleaning products you can get at your store. im not overly concerned about the mold issue. about.com had some good tips on how to prevent and manage...

High Efficiency Front-Load Washers - Caring for Your HE Front-Load Washer & Preventing Mold

the front loaders are convenient to me, im short
  9. They call me Mouse Potato
    They call me Mouse Potato
    we jsut bought the whirlpool duets and even though I've only done about 6 loads of laundry I LOVE them. Ours has the water sensor so it only uses teh amount of water it needs. It also spins the crap otu of them so they have little water and don't take long in the dryer at all. I use the smallest amount of laundry soap and our clothes come out smelling so fresh and clean. They are quiet and both have an option for turning off the buzzer or turning down the volume.

as for the mold I agree it's about prevention. I have a small rag that I keep near by that I use to wipe down the seals once we are done with laundry. Also, lettin gthe door stay open to air dry can help too. Our laundry room is a room with a door so I don't have to worry about little kids climbing in but if you do I'd suggest just wiping it down real quick.

Front Load Washer Washers WFW9150WW from Whirlpool Home Appliances

thats teh exact one we got with the matching dryer. at the exchange it was $600 and no tax for each unit.
    DH: "Your even more beautiful as my wife"

10. ------------------
    ------------------
    We have had these Samsung ones for just over a year now. They are pricey but had great reviews. So far we have not had any problems! They are so pretty
    Samsung - 4.5 Cu. Ft. 14-Cycle Steam Washer - Platinum Stainless - WF448AAP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast