Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Invisi-Shield

1. Senior Member

Invisi-Shield

Advertisements
    I purchased the Invisi-Shield for the 2 and 3G iTouch so here is my review...

Product Website *note, I purchased mine at Best Buy* - http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

Taking it out of the box I was extremely nervous because I really didn't want to screw up my brand new iTouch. I opted to not even turn on my new iTouch or play with it at all until the Invisi-Shield was on it to avoid any kind of scratching or getting it dirty. I'm a freak like that.

The instructions are pretty clear and easy.
    1. Remove everything from packaging.
    2. Wash your hands
    3. Open up the solution container (its a sponge, not a spray)
    4. Have your iTouch ready
    5. Peel the invisi-shield piece you are applying off the backing
    6. Take the sponge and really wet the sticky side of the invisi-shield and wet the side of the iTouch that the shield will go on
    7. Align the invisi-shield and then place it on your iTouch
    9. Use the card provided to smooth the shield in place and squeeze out excess liquid and bubbles.
    9. Let set 12-24 hours

My Advice:

- When you go to peel the backing off making sure that your fingers are WET and have your iTouch already wet as well. It helps alot to just have everything ready and your fingers being wet will help the shield not stick to you.

- Once you get the shield placed where you want, leave the thing alone for at least 20 minutes.

- I put the back side on and then the front - the back was a LOT harder than the front.

- Once both pieces are "set" (20 mins min each side) take some saran wrap and wrap it from the back to the front so that you are pulling the corners tight. I used about 8 pieces of saran wrap to do this. I first wrapped from back to front and then up and down, and for good measure another piece that covered the whole thing. I then let the whole thing sit for 24 hours before unwrapping it.

Overall Review:

It was a pain to put the back piece on and get it lined up perfectly. The front piece was cake. I hated having to wait so long without touching it. It's not even supposed to be on, so charging and everything else is out as well. However, after unwrapping it, everything is mostly smooth and there are very few imperfections. They say that after a couple of days even those imperfections will work themselves out but if they didn't I'd be fine with it.

If I run my fingers over the corners a lot I can definitely notice something is there but its not to the point that its annoying. I'll probably put a silicone sleeve over mine anyway so the corners will never be noticeable to me.

The saran wrap is the miracle that the instructions don't tell you about and I think it is DEFINITELY the key. I don't see how it would have been smooth and flat otherwise. I youtubed some instructional videos and their "palming" technique is no good either - perhaps because I was concerned with NOT getting my finger prints on the other side that was not yet "shield-ed".

All in all I give this product a 9/10
    - docking it one point only because it was somewhat frustrating to get it in place at the beginning. Also, because you pay $25 for ONE full body shield and I could see where it would be nice to have 2 in the package in case you manage to mess one up. They do offer a lifetime warranty on the product so I suppose if you did mess it up during the installation you could just request a replacement which is nice to know. I highly recommend this product!

Pictures:
    The whole kit:

Packaging:

Instructions:

Application Solution/Sponge/Card:

Cloth and iTouch with Shield already applied and set 24 hours:
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    I thought the iTouch was like the iPhone and the screen was scratch resistant?

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    I'm glad someone reviewed this! I was thinking about getting something like that for my BB.
    TTFN. Ta-ta for now MSOS.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    I thought the iTouch was like the iPhone and the screen was scratch resistant?
    I'm not sure if its scratch resistant or not... but if you go to the product website (the Invisi-Shield) their key test was what sold me. I'm always looking for ways to protect my electronics even more so it was a must for me. I was just guided to this over one of the cheaper screen protectors I had picked out because the guy at Best Buy insisted. He was right!
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CubLub63 View Post
    I'm glad someone reviewed this! I was thinking about getting something like that for my BB.
    Glad it was useful! I would love one for my BB Curve too - I might look at getting one for it as well.
  6. Where there is courage, there is humility
    Where there is courage, there is humility
    Ooh, that is interesting! Right now, I just have a silicone backing for my iTouch.