Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Washer and Dryers *updated, we bought a set*

  1. Banned
    jennypage's Avatar
    jennypage is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    19,929
    #1

    Washer and Dryers *updated, we bought a set*

    Advertisements
    So I have been having the pleasure of shopping and pricing washers and dryers. Its a friggin nightmare. But today at the Sears Outlet store the salesman told me that the most efficent and CHEAP washer and dryer on the market right now is a 75 year old brand called Fisher and Paykel that just revenated their top loading washer to make it one of the most energy efficient brands out there. He really seemed very behind this brand and sincere. I have looked up reports and found some good reports and some bad ones. So I thought I'd ask.

    Does anyone have or know someone who has the Fisher & Paykel Energy Efficient Top Load Washer? How do you/they like it? Complaints? Endorsements?

    Heres a link in case you are not sure what one I mean. http://www.fisherpaykel.com/laundry/...D3CE4579459A73

    Or, what brand do you have? How do you like it? How has it worked? Price? Problems? Etc?

    Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by jennypage; 02-28-2009 at 08:44 PM.
  2. >.< *face palm* >.<
    Rainbow Brite's Avatar
    Rainbow Brite is offline
    >.< *face palm* >.<
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    31,344


    #2
    I've never heard of them. DB has gorgeous LG washer/dryer front loaders that are allegedly stackable- they're amazing. Quick, energy efficient, and they "sing" to you
  3. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    SandyKay's Avatar
    SandyKay is offline
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Somewhere out there
    Posts
    32,613

    #3
    We have a whirlpool front loader washer and matching dryer. I love it. We got them on special for $1300 including tax and extra warrantee for the set. The only thing is, I still want to get the box stands, so they are a little higher.

    What I would LOVE is the washer and dryer all in one.


  4. Banned
    jennypage's Avatar
    jennypage is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    19,929
    #4
    The thing is, these would be less than 900 for the set. Less than 1000 including the warranty.

    Where did you buy yours, SandyKay?
  5. Senior Member
    flowerchild's Avatar
    flowerchild is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,752
    #5
    From what I understand, that isn't a bad price for front loaders!
  6. Senior Member
    Rain.'s Avatar
    Rain. is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    19,481
    #6
    We have this set http://www.nfm.com/DetailsPage.aspx?ProductID=29035045

    We got our set from Nebraska Furniture Mart for $800 (including delivery). I love them. And I loved that sale. We thought we were going to have to spend $1,000 if not more.
  7. Banned
    jennypage's Avatar
    jennypage is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    19,929
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerchild View Post
    From what I understand, that isn't a bad price for front loaders!
    Mine is top load, but uses the same amount of water as a front load and is just as energy efficient. Also, it says the spin cycle is so strong you can't squeeze a drop of water out of a towel afterwards, so it saves a lot of money on energy for the dryer also. David and I are going to look at it now I think.
  8. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    SandyKay's Avatar
    SandyKay is offline
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Somewhere out there
    Posts
    32,613

    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jennypage View Post
    The thing is, these would be less than 900 for the set. Less than 1000 including the warranty.

    Where did you buy yours, SandyKay?
    RCWilley I think it was.

    ok I lies it is a Fridigaire (we were looking at whirlpool too)
    Washer
    http://www.rcwilley.com/GetProductDetail.jsp?id=7138814
    Dryer
    http://www.rcwilley.com/GetProductDetail.jsp?id=7139276


  9. Senior Member
    Aundi's Avatar
    Aundi is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,286
    #9
    We have a Maytag front load set and I would give anything to go back to a regular top loader. I don't like the smell mine has around the seal (after only 3 years) and the gunk that wipes out of the door weekly. We also spent a HUGE amount of money for the pedestal risers about a year ago and had to take them down just recently because they shake violently during the spin cycle while on the risers. Each pedestal was 285 bucks and they now sit in a room and are not used

    My step father is an appliance repair man and has been for 30 years. He will only recommend buying the Maytag name. He says everything about Maytag is just the best built and best made of ANY appliance out there

    I like the one you posted, it looks really nice and sounds really neat with the spin feature and quick wash time.
  10. Banned
    jennypage's Avatar
    jennypage is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    19,929
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Aundi View Post
    We have a Maytag front load set and I would give anything to go back to a regular top loader. I don't like the smell mine has around the seal (after only 3 years) and the gunk that wipes out of the door weekly. We also spent a HUGE amount of money for the pedestal risers about a year ago and had to take them down just recently because they shake violently during the spin cycle while on the risers. Each pedestal was 285 bucks and they now sit in a room and are not used

    My step father is an appliance repair man and has been for 30 years. He will only recommend buying the Maytag name. He says everything about Maytag is just the best built and best made of ANY appliance out there

    I like the one you posted, it looks really nice and sounds really neat with the spin feature and quick wash time.
    That was one of the points the salesman was making was about the seals of the front load and how they leak and smell often and its a little known problem of the front load. Thanks for letting me know!! I appreciate it!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •