Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my new home...

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

my new home...

Advertisements
    I am moving soon and I don't have alot of furniture. I was wondering, what are some things I can do to make it homey (lol) or just nice I guess. I have never ever lived on my own.. Another thing, I see there are some recipes here that sound good.. and I know there are cookbooks but could u ladies give me some ideas for spicy foods... not spicy hot, but spicy like alot of spices...
    A heart truly in love never loses hope, but always believes in the promise of love, no matter how long the time and how far the distance
  2. mamaoftwins+1
    i just take lots of pics of my family and put them up everywhere!!! thats what i do and it makes a house feel like a home very quickly
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I have a small entertainment center, well more like a TV stand, lol that we don't use anymore because we bought a bigger one. If you need one I'd gladly give it to you. I was planning on putting it on freecycle soon anyway. But to make it homey, I just put up pics and then some small stuff on the wall. The first thing I put up in all our places (and we've lived in three in the one year of being married) was always a lil wooden heart that we bought on our honeymoon and it says "Friends welcome. Relatives by appointment" lol
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  4. It's YOUR choice
    It's YOUR choice
    Quote Originally Posted by germanchick
    "Friends welcome. Relatives by appointment" lol
    I love it
    Freedom and Liberty require Service and Sacrifice
  5. Senior Member
    The first thing I do is put stuff on the walls. I can't stand to see bare walls because it never looses that just moved in feeling.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by April
    I love it
    Both DH and I love stuff like that hence my bathrrom sign that says "Notice: Changing the toilet paper does not cause brain damage"
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  7. It's YOUR choice
    It's YOUR choice
    Quote Originally Posted by germanchick
    Both DH and I love stuff like that hence my bathrrom sign that says "Notice: Changing the toilet paper does not cause brain damage"

I NEVER change the roll
  8. It's YOUR choice
    It's YOUR choice
    curtains, window treatments, whatever you prefer to call them makes a big difference. Just something on your windows besides the yukky white miniblinds even just a valance will do wonders.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by April
    I NEVER change the roll
    I usually only remember when it is gone too.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    you ladies are too cute! well, i have the bedroom furniture so thats ok.. when i get there i have to check into the apartment, go buy a couch and a tv, pots and pans, some dishes to last until my others get there...um, oh ya! the cleaning supplies and TOILET PAPER!...Kris, where did you get those signs?? lol I will pm u about the entertainment center..
    A heart truly in love never loses hope, but always believes in the promise of love, no matter how long the time and how far the distance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast