Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Essentials List

1. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Lv. Percent
    96.39%
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveConquers View Post
    How crazy are the shipping costs, do they really outweigh the price for gas oh my gosh lol.
    It depends on where you live/how close to an IKEA you are, but generally it's ridiculous especially for particleboard or cheap furniture (I definitely don't recommend everything from there, lol). Plus going to the store is an experience!
  2. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    23.29%
    Is there a Habitat for Humanity Restore near you? They sell cheap secondhand furniture, and everything you spend goes back to the organization to build homes in your area!
  3. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    18.49%
    When I moved from WI to TX I packed up the essentials I could fit in my vehicle (I also had 2 kids and a dog so not a ton of other stuff fit lol) all the big essentials I sold in WI and repurchased in TX - craigslist, let go, and local sales pages on FB were my best friend. Around here you can find really nice things that are gently used and crazy cheap (kitchen table/chairs, leather couches, microwave, elliptical, etc the rental I got when I moved here also didn't have a fridge so I got a really nice stainless steel side by side fridge off CL for like $100 and he delivered it) I think you can find higher quality items for lower prices the only downside is it's not one stop shopping. I'd make a list of the essentials and the "would be nice to have" items and make a budget of how much you can afford to spend and then start searching and see how much you can get with your budget.
  4. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    22.39%
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    It depends on where you live/how close to an IKEA you are, but generally it's ridiculous especially for particleboard or cheap furniture (I definitely don't recommend everything from there, lol). Plus going to the store is an experience!
    we live very close to the Ohio Ikea, we still got our old couch shipped, thinking it would come assembled given the price!!!!
    1. it was not assembled
    2. it was trash in a few years and was never comfortable
  5. Regular Member
    Lv. Percent
    55%
    I'll probably not get furniture from IKEA then sounds like. Maybe small things if a store is near by. That shipping is crazy. I always try to online shop but then don't get it because I'm like hmmm 12.00 shipping lol.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12