Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stand mixer

1. Senior Member

Stand mixer

Advertisements
    Besides kitchenaid, what are other good brands for stand mixers? I have a hand held one now, but I want a stand one. I know kitchenaid is good, but I like to look at my options first.
  2. Senior Member
    I believe Rachel Ray has one people seem to like? But regardless I would go with a KitchenAid. My mom has had the same one for more than a decade without a single problem. My sister has the mini and loves it, but I would get the big one because it will do anything you need it to. I'm waiting on mine to get shipped from my old house and miss it. If you do a lot of baking it will be your best friend.
  3. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Kitchenaid and Cuisinart are usually reliable home brands. If not, look at Kenwood for a Kmix.

How big and powerful do you need it to be, and what’s your budget?
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  4. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    My SIL is getting us a kitchenaid for a house warming gift and I am SO excited!

life's a party, rock your body
  5. Senior Member
    FYI current kitchenaids are not as well made as the old models. Not that they're not good appliances, but I wouldn't expect them to last decades anymore. I have a kitchenaid, that's what I'd get again. The other ones are ugly imo I wouldn't want it on my counter.
  6. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    FYI current kitchenaids are not as well made as the old models. Not that they're not good appliances, but I wouldn't expect them to last decades anymore. I have a kitchenaid, that's what I'd get again. The other ones are ugly imo I wouldn't want it on my counter.
    I didn't even know kitchenaids came in a million different colors until a few days ago.

life's a party, rock your body
  7. "...now do Classical Gas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Hobarts last decades. Unfortunately they’re ugly as sin (they’re meant for professionals, and no one cares if we have nice things ) and pretty pricey, but they are THE most reliable tank of a mixer.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
    Hobarts last decades. Unfortunately they’re ugly as sin (they’re meant for professionals, and no one cares if we have nice things ) and pretty pricey, but they are THE most reliable tank of a mixer.
    Do they even make counter size models?

Agree about KitchenAid. Be aware of all the different models. Some definitely are not as quality controlled as others, ie smaller more burnout prone than others. Look at reviews for each model.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  9. "...now do Classical Gas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Do they even make counter size models?

Agree about KitchenAid. Be aware of all the different models. Some definitely are not as quality controlled as others, ie smaller more burnout prone than others. Look at reviews for each model.
    They do. Their smaller ones like the N50 are counter-size.

Truth be told, the vintage Kitchenaid mixers that have such a reputation for reliability are Hobarts. Hobart started the company and they only parted ways in the 1980s, which coincidentally is when the quality started to get more uneven.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
    They do. Their smaller ones like the N50 are counter-size.

Truth be told, the vintage Kitchenaid mixers that have such a reputation for reliability are Hobarts. Hobart started the company and they only parted ways in the 1980s, which coincidentally is when the quality started to get more uneven.
    Did not know either!

Did the Nutone in-counter appliances ever come to your side of the world?
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast