Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: House warming care package

1. Senior Member

House warming care package

Advertisements
    My best friend just moved out of her parents house for the first time and in with her longtime boyfriend. He moved out of his parents house for the first time too. So it's the first time both of them have been on their own. Well, besides when he was off at college. She commuted. He's still in college, he's studying to be a teacher and is in his last year so he's doing his student teaching this year. Since he can't live in the dorms, but he needs to be close to his school still, they decided to get a place together since he needed to get a place anyway.

I want to send them a house warming care package. But I have no idea what to send. Any ideas?! Please and thank you!
  2. Senior Member
    Gift card to target. If they're just staring out, they'll be making a lot of trips there. You could also get a cute personalized gift off of etsy about their first home together.
  3. Regular Member
    I second the gift card idea. Or try to get info on what they really NEED. When DH and I had moved into our first place, people sent a lot of decorative gifts, which was sooo nice and thoughtful and we really appreciated it, but it was not stuff we truly needed. The stuff we needed was boring: plate sets, fans, bathroom items, so I understand why no one wants to buy that. But the gift card idea is really good if you dont want to ask what they need or if your friend does not want to tell you what they need!
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marinemainsqueez View Post
    I second the gift card idea. Or try to get info on what they really NEED. When DH and I had moved into our first place, people sent a lot of decorative gifts, which was sooo nice and thoughtful and we really appreciated it, but it was not stuff we truly needed. The stuff we needed was boring: plate sets, fans, bathroom items, so I understand why no one wants to buy that. But the gift card idea is really good if you dont want to ask what they need or if your friend does not want to tell you what they need!
    I agree that practical is nice. My sister and I actually put together practical gifts for each other and our close friends for house warming gifts. It's usually a laundry basket or garbage filled with goodies (cleaner, zip loc bags, paper towels, toilet paper, fun cooking utensils, etc. but since you said you're shipping, I steered away from that. What about personalized wine glasses or coasters? Practical and fun.
  5. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Wine, bread and salt.

Wine so that they're never short of company and pleasure. Salt to give their life flavour. Bread so that no one in their home need ever go hungry.

And a gift-card to IKEA/Target/whatever.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  6. Senior Member
    All of these ideas are wonderful, I appreciate the help! I will message her mother to ask if they need anything. Thank you all!