Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Buying our first house while relocating to new base- Suggestions?

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Big Grin Buying our first house while relocating to new base- Suggestions?

Advertisements
    Hi there! We just got our offer excepted on the house we wanted to buy in NC and we are super excited to start this journey! This is our first PCS and could not be happier as we have been at the same base for 6 years! Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the move into a new house and things maybe people tend to forget about when relocating to a new home. I feel a little overwhelmed because I am also planning our wedding ( we are already legally married, but he always promised me we would have a wedding so we are finally doing it!!) in June and we are moving in February so things have been a little hectic!
  2. Senior Member
    Are you relocating to Jacksonville NC? If so, I'd be really hesitant to buy in the area. There are a TON of houses on the market and builders are still building. People have an extremely hard time selling, and depending on the area and the type of house, some people have a hard time renting too. I'd be very wary of buying here. We've been stationed other places where buying was a much smarter choice, but I wouldn't do it in Jacksonville.
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    No It's not in Jacksonville. We have already basically purchased the home where we will be, just waiting on closing day....
  4. Senior Member
    Our first PCS was pretty hectic...we got married Saturday...big wedding, all that jazz...the movers were there Monday and we moved Friday...which also happened to be Black Friday...so that was fun. We didn't buy a house prior to moving though...wanted to get acclimated to our new surroundings first.

I suggest saving any gift cards you get as wedding gifts to use in your new location because things can be crazy with the move. Also, paper plates, napkins and disposable utensils were a big thing for us while waiting on our stuff.
  5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Oh good idea!! Thank you so much! We were going to take a few of our own utensils to save money!