Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How in the world does ANYONE keep up with laundry?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

How in the world does ANYONE keep up with laundry?

Advertisements
    It seems every time I think I got a leg up on laundry, I find myself with another pile of unfolded clothes that needs my attention. Then when THAT laundry gets put up, there is a whole new bunch of laundry that needs to be washed.

Do you ladies have any tips for getting it done? (I really hate seeing clean clothes that aren't put up.) I just can't seem to get ahead of this game and STAY ahead.
  2. Senior Member
    I know some people who do a load of laundry every day. I actually only do about 2 loads a week, so I'm never behind. But I just started working again and got behind. Two loads to fold, one load in the washer, and another load to still do. It's been like this for the past 2 or three weeks. Hoping I can get caught up this week. Other then doing a load everyday, if needed, I don't have any tips. It's just DH and I so we never really have a ton of loads to do.
  3. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Fold it as it comes out of the dryer.

Now, if I could just follow my own advice.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    lol I do at least 1-2 loads a day. A day I don't have enough clothes to make a full load I wash bedding items. We have 4 kids and up until a couple weeks ago 3 were in sports--thankfully that is just 1 now. Lol I swear laundry and dishes never end. Lol
  5. Senior Member
    When I'm behind on laundry I have a load of laundry in each place, one being washed, one being dried, one being folded. That gets me back on top pretty quickly.

I also try to do a load of laundry every day or every other day. There usually isn't enough clothes to fill the load, but I wash my bedding and towels super often and that fills it up.
  6. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    I am the worst person when it comes to laundry I can DO my laundry, no problems. I don't know why, I just absolutely effing hate putting it away! I will even rotate it between being in the dryer to being in separation piles for putting away to just saying eff it, I'll just fluff dry the stuff I'm wearing as I need it. I have it in piles right now and you know what I did tonight? Absolutely nothing. Totally could've put it away but I refused bc I hate it so much I'll prob throw it back in the dryer in the morning
    ~Becca~

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    Fold it as it comes out of the dryer.

Now, if I could just follow my own advice.
    I've tried this, but the problem is, I HATE having to put it away. I enjoy washing, but putting it away is TORTURE for me. Idk why though!

Quote Originally Posted by caljmw649 View Post
    I know some people who do a load of laundry every day. I actually only do about 2 loads a week, so I'm never behind. But I just started working again and got behind. Two loads to fold, one load in the washer, and another load to still do. It's been like this for the past 2 or three weeks. Hoping I can get caught up this week. Other then doing a load everyday, if needed, I don't have any tips. It's just DH and I so we never really have a ton of loads to do.
    Same here, no kids yet so it really shouldn't be so hard but yet somehow I am never motivated to completely finish laundry lol I think it is because I know as soon as I finish putting away those clothes, there will be another set that needs to be washed and put away as well. Can you say LAZY?

Quote Originally Posted by BLBnJVB3 View Post
    lol I do at least 1-2 loads a day. A day I don't have enough clothes to make a full load I wash bedding items. We have 4 kids and up until a couple weeks ago 3 were in sports--thankfully that is just 1 now. Lol I swear laundry and dishes never end. Lol
    Agreed! Dishes are usually just as bad but thank goodness for my dishwasher Without it, this house would probably be a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    When I'm behind on laundry I have a load of laundry in each place, one being washed, one being dried, one being folded. That gets me back on top pretty quickly.

I also try to do a load of laundry every day or every other day. There usually isn't enough clothes to fill the load, but I wash my bedding and towels super often and that fills it up.
    I've never tried doing laundry every day, and just thinking about it makes me already dread it lol but it may actually help. We usually wait until end of the week or something then wash it all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    I am the worst person when it comes to laundry I can DO my laundry, no problems. I don't know why, I just absolutely effing hate putting it away! I will even rotate it between being in the dryer to being in separation piles for putting away to just saying eff it, I'll just fluff dry the stuff I'm wearing as I need it. I have it in piles right now and you know what I did tonight? Absolutely nothing. Totally could've put it away but I refused bc I hate it so much I'll prob throw it back in the dryer in the morning
    OMG! You sound just like me! I enjoy putting it in the washer, pouring in my soap etc, but then once it is out of the dryer I am completely checked out from the activity and want nothing to do with it anymore!
  8. Senior Member
    Dude, laundry just sucks. I do the one load a day rule and it helps.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  9. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Dh is in charge of putting clean laundry away cuz I freakin' hate it lately That's how I get it done
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xAbsolutelyAlicex View Post

Agreed! Dishes are usually just as bad but thank goodness for my dishwasher Without it, this house would probably be a mess.
    Ok. I'll be honest. I hate mating socks so bad I have a couple dirty little secrets regarding them. 1) I over buy pairs for all of us so I don't have to mate them as often. 2) I have a dedicated basket just to socks for after they're washed until I get around to mating them. Everything else I'm fine with. But socks are my nemisis.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast