Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eww

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Eww

Advertisements
    I just mopped my apartment for the first time since we moved in the middle of August and I swear the floors haven't been mopped in 20 years! They literally changed colors
  2. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I mopped our house the day we moved in, and I swore the previous owner hadn't cleaned it the whole time she lived here. But then I lived here for a while and realized it got that dirty every two weeks

Hopefully yours stays cleaner!
  3. Senior Member
    Omg I mop twice a week. I would diiiiiie.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by [his] lobster View Post
    I mopped our house the day we moved in, and I swore the previous owner hadn't cleaned it the whole time she lived here. But then I lived here for a while and realized it got that dirty every two weeks

Hopefully yours stays cleaner!
    omg my old apartment I would swiffer wet jet maybe once a month and the townhouse probably about the same!! I never thought they looked dirty but this was definitely brown/orangey. So gross.
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    I might need to start doing it like once a week. Idk if maybe its because the area of tiling is so small maybe dirty feet are standing in the same place more often no idea! Hell this is the first time I've even owned a real mop!
  5. Senior Member
    When DH and I moved in to our first house (what is our current house), I cleaned the floors before the movers came. Every room is tile, no carpets at all. The tiles were a medium gray. I thought that was their color. After cleaning them they were white. And I was on my hands and knees scrubbing cause they were not easy to clean! Just a few weeks ago I was making dinner, chopping up potatoes when one dropped. I bent down to pick it up and saw it went under the dishwasher. So feeling under the dishwasher I pull out a metal plate, the one that's supposed to stop things from rolling under the dishwasher, cause it's not on wheels, you can't pull it out to easily clean underneath. With the metal plate comes the usual crumbs and dust and hair. No big deal. Until I saw a piece of sushi. Dried, crusty, disgusting sushi. DH and I don't eat sushi. We have never had anyone over that has had sushi. Have no idea how long that was there, but it was absolutely disgusting! And someone had the bright idea of painting the kitchen counters. So now everything soaks into the paint and the counter looks forever stained and dirty.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by caljmw649 View Post
    When DH and I moved in to our first house (what is our current house), I cleaned the floors before the movers came. Every room is tile, no carpets at all. The tiles were a medium gray. I thought that was their color. After cleaning them they were white. And I was on my hands and knees scrubbing cause they were not easy to clean! Just a few weeks ago I was making dinner, chopping up potatoes when one dropped. I bent down to pick it up and saw it went under the dishwasher. So feeling under the dishwasher I pull out a metal plate, the one that's supposed to stop things from rolling under the dishwasher, cause it's not on wheels, you can't pull it out to easily clean underneath. With the metal plate comes the usual crumbs and dust and hair. No big deal. Until I saw a piece of sushi. Dried, crusty, disgusting sushi. DH and I don't eat sushi. We have never had anyone over that has had sushi. Have no idea how long that was there, but it was absolutely disgusting! And someone had the bright idea of painting the kitchen counters. So now everything soaks into the paint and the counter looks forever stained and dirty.
    ewwww that is disgusting! Are you in an apt, housing or renting a house?? I never think to clean floors before hand because I have always assumed places have cleaners come in! I may be more crazy about it now on our next move
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    ewwww that is disgusting! Are you in an apt, housing or renting a house?? I never think to clean floors before hand because I have always assumed places have cleaners come in! I may be more crazy about it now on our next move
    We're off post cause of our dog, renting a house. I made sure to put cleaning supplies in DH's car since I knew he'd be arriving before me and because I'd have the dog in my car. I expected to have to clean some dust, just wipe down counters and floors. But I didn't expect it to look like the previous owners never cleaned. And the landlord didn't clean after them. The stove is forever sticky. I swear it hasn't been cleaned in years and no matter what I use to clean it, it is always sticky.
  8. Senior Member

EWWW... that is so gross. I have never thought about cleaning the floors before the movers come either. I will definitely keep that in mind come January/February!

March 7, 2015: I married my best friend!

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

We're off post cause of our dog, renting a house. I made sure to put cleaning supplies in DH's car since I knew he'd be arriving before me and because I'd have the dog in my car. I expected to have to clean some dust, just wipe down counters and floors. But I didn't expect it to look like the previous owners never cleaned. And the landlord didn't clean after them. The stove is forever sticky. I swear it hasn't been cleaned in years and no matter what I use to clean it, it is always sticky.
    Damn! the tenants in the last place I lived were gross like that (frying oil everywhere in the kitchen like shit spit and they didn't clean it) but my old landlord brought in professional cleaners before we moved in! I'm not sure I would have accepted the keys to that property in that condition but I've always had other options and I know PCSing you don't always have those options.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye14 View Post
    EWWW... that is so gross. I have never thought about cleaning the floors before the movers come either. I will definitely keep that in mind come January/February!
    I know right! I'm making like a mental checklist of things to do when we move to FL haha
  10. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    SERIOUSLY? I'm lucky if I mop every two months... I swiffer wet every once in a while....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast