Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: extra cash

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

extra cash

Advertisements
    Hello, I am posting to see if any one had any suggestions on getting extra cash. My husband and I both like me staying at home, but a little extra cash a month wouldn't be a bad thing. Thank you!!!
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Babysit. Dog walk.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Senior Member
    1) Garage sales! I always have 100 times better luck selling stuff online in Facebook groups than actual physical garage sales.

2) sell plasma. Okay, kind of weird and I've never actually done it but in college friends did for beer money.

3) Pet sitting. There is a huge need for that in the military community, in my experience.

Whatever you do, don't get into a sales company and expect to make any real money in the end. Military communities are typically over saturated with that stuff (Scentsy, Tastefully Simple, Beachbody, It Works, Younique, etc) and my personal friends that sell it have either gotten out after a year or only continue for the discounts.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  4. Senior Member
    you can get up to 10,000 I think for an egg donation and it really helps mothers who want to have a baby and cannot conceive. Still, I know a lot of people don't feel comfortable with this.
  5. Senior Member
    Pet walking and sitting is a gold mine. You can makes upwards of $30 a night. Also, maybe tutoring if you have degree that yields to that.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AirgirlBay View Post
    you can get up to 10,000 I think for an egg donation and it really helps mothers who want to have a baby and cannot conceive. Still, I know a lot of people don't feel comfortable with this.
    There's also like, a ton of medical shit involved. there's a reason it's so lucrative.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    There's also like, a ton of medical shit involved. there's a reason it's so lucrative.
    Yeah, and not really the route to go for spare money for the household.
  8. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    So glad to see everyone saying pet sitting/ dog walking! I love animals ❤️ I honestly didn't think that there would really be a high demand for that. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get into doing something like that?
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaylarsmith_ View Post
    So glad to see everyone saying pet sitting/ dog walking! I love animals ❤️ I honestly didn't think that there would really be a high demand for that. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get into doing something like that?
    I worked for a vet in college and got into it by word of mouth. And one client would lead to another. My sister worked for a company that did pet sitting and walking, and they took a percentage of what she made but it was more consistent work. I also get flyers in the mail and see ads posted around town too. I would start with a google search for companies in your area or talk with your vet/friends to see if you know anyone who is going on vacation and needs help. Most people (me included) would rather have someone stay at their house then leave their dog at the boarding kennel.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

What about a part time job? You'd essentially spend as much time there as you would doing things for extra cash... You could apply to be a dog washer, etc. at a pet store. Just state you want no more than 15 hours a week. Never know.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast