Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Striped walls?

1. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket

Striped walls?

Advertisements
    I've got this idea in my head that I really want to paint stripes on the walls in the master bathroom.
    Like this:

Has anyone done this before? Do you like stripes? Is it hard? Am I making a horrible mistake?
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  2. Senior Member
    This is what I did to my walls. It wasn't totally hard but took a lot of time and if you want parallel stripes, have a second person at hand. Makes it so much easier. I also really like my 'stripes'.

3. Senior Member
    Just be careful as stripes can make a room appear to be smaller and busier, but I definitely think that looks nice! I really like that they don't contrast much, so it keeps a calm mood.
  4. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    This is what I did to my walls. It wasn't totally hard but took a lot of time and if you want parallel stripes, have a second person at hand. Makes it so much easier. I also really like my 'stripes'.

Oh wow that's awesome! It looks really well done. I lovelovelove the paintings you hung in the middle of the squares.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    Just be careful as stripes can make a room appear to be smaller and busier, but I definitely think that looks nice! I really like that they don't contrast much, so it keeps a calm mood.
    Yeah I want to do colors that are almost the same as those in the pic. Our floor is sandy-brown-cream color marble tiles and our decor/towels are pale blue so I want to have stripes that are a pale tan and pale blueish.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  5. Senior Member
    [QUOTE=rocket_lizz;10032959]Oh wow that's awesome! It looks really well done. I lovelovelove the paintings you hung in the middle of the squares.
    /QUOTE]

Thanks just don't ask how many hours I spent on painting The lines look pretty decent though. I was super pleased with myself... I also really love the painting. There's a third part to it, you just can't see it. Got them in Korea.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Oh wow that's awesome! It looks really well done. I lovelovelove the paintings you hung in the middle of the squares.

Yeah I want to do colors that are almost the same as those in the pic. Our floor is sandy-brown-cream color marble tiles and our decor/towels are pale blue so I want to have stripes that are a pale tan and pale blueish.
    I think that would be super cute!
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    The painting is easy. It's the setup that's difficult and time consuming. Any little errors can kill the effect. Errors being in differences in stripe widths, and slightly off parallel.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  8. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

I did it in DD's nursery and loved how it turned out. I'll try to remember to come back and post pics later!
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it like a boss.

9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    The only thing I would suggest is be mindful of the size of the room you want to paint. It's a great feature but if it's a tiny room, maybe only paint one wall as an accent? Otherwise, I think it's awesome
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

I did a chevron wall in my dining room and it wasn't too bad! It's just time consuming and I had to measure everything out.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast