Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's for dinner? 5/16/16

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

What's for dinner? 5/16/16

Advertisements
    What's on the menu for tonight? I'm making pork tacos They start in the slow cooker and then for better flavor/texture I finish the meat in foil packets on the grill. White corn tortillas, salsa verde, cheese, avocado.

DH and I eat a lot of chicken so I make these every now and then when I want to change it up with something easy.

I follow this Carnitas but I skip the after-the-crock-pot part of the recipe. I don't like the idea of putting milk in it and since it's grillin season I prefer to do it that way. I just grill in foil for a few minutes on each side and then tear the top of the packet to let steam out and check on juice. Basically I want to cook the juice down so the flavor is amplified and I get a few crispy edges.

So what's your plan?
  2. Senior Member
    Greek chicken! We saw a recipe for it and wanted to try. Basically you marinate chicken in tons of lemon juice, garlic and rosemary.
    "You will never completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of knowing and loving people in more than one place."

3. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    I do crockpot meals about every other week and individually portion and freeze the leftovers for when I don't feel like cooking (aka today ) This is what I took out for tonight - Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken
    ~Becca~

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

pork tacos sound perfect!! I hate cooking, but I'm in to mood to make something delicious tonight, just not sure what yet
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

chicken in the cast iron skillet, I'll probably do some sort of Italian seasoning with angel hair pasta and sugar snap peas

I'm loving my skillet lately and it cooks chicken SOOO fast (like 25 minutes for huge breasts)
  6. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Carnitas are the best thing ever.

Tonight we're having leftover sketti with homemade marinara & some turkey italian sausage. Plus sautéed summer squash and cauliflower on the side.

And ginger lemon Radlers. Yum.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  7. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    I picked up a big piece of salmon at the store otw back from an appointment, so I'll have that with green beans + potatoes. Nom.
  8. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    HEB does these premade and portioned meals so I bought the "shrimp bake" ones for dinner tonight. It's basically pasta, shrimp, cheese and veggies in a pan that you just throw in the oven and bake so that's what we're having tonight

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Redchicken View Post
    Greek chicken! We saw a recipe for it and wanted to try. Basically you marinate chicken in tons of lemon juice, garlic and rosemary.
    Oooh I haven't done anything Greek in a while! That will definitely spice up our chicken routine

Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    I do crockpot meals about every other week and individually portion and freeze the leftovers for when I don't feel like cooking (aka today ) This is what I took out for tonight - Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken
    Sigh, if only I could be so prepared haha I always pin those things and I have yet to actually do it.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post

Tonight we're having leftover sketti with homemade marinara & some turkey italian sausage. Plus sautéed summer squash and cauliflower on the side.

I didn't know what a Radler was so I looked it up thinking it was some kind of dessert. I freaking love lemon desserts Though I could go for one of those too!

Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    I picked up a big piece of salmon at the store otw back from an appointment, so I'll have that with green beans + potatoes. Nom.
    You know, I would like to learn how to properly cook fish. It really intimidates me for some reason. Shrimp, I'll do.
  10. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    All the stores are closed because of a German holiday and the commissary is closed here on Mondays soooo we had Subway. We were gone all weekend and I didn't prepare.

Tomorrow I think I am making these though. One of my favorite ST recipes:

Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Breasts | Skinnytaste

Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post

As in beer radlers?! Those are my favorite here in Germany!

life's a party, rock your body
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast